10- Swims

As we head out to Santa Monica, Tyler brings up their upcoming concert in L.A. "So I heard that you agreed to come" He mentions. I nod and get out my phone just in case I need to type anything. "Do you and Clara want to go to dinner before?" Josh asks casually.

I quickly send Clara a text just to make sure she doesn't have anything else planned for that night.
'Josh offered for us to go to dinner before the concert, is that okay with you?' I type. Seconds later I get a response.
'Yup! Definitely just message me the details when you know' She responds positively.

I quietly hand over the phone and let Josh see the message and send the information. "So 5 o'clock we'll pick you two both up from your apartment, cool?" They ask. I nod and Josh hands my phone back.

The rest of the trip Clara is texting me asking me what I'm doing for the day. I casually mention the fact that I was going to Brendon's place. She seemed a little bit jealous but definitely excited for me. I hope she doesn't start to feel like I'm ditching her for Josh and Tyler.

"And we're here!" Tyler announces not long after Clara tells me she's got some business stuff to do. I smile nervously as I follow Josh up Brendon's pathway. "You'll be fine" He whispers to me before the door is opened and we're greeted by a shirtless Brendon Urie.

"Tyler, Josh, it's good to see you two again, it's been a while. And you are?" He asks looking over to me standing awkwardly next to Josh. "She's Penelope or Pen" Josh answers for me. "Oh, so you're the friend replacing Tyler?" He jokes and I smile nervously.

Brendon leads us all out to the backyard where everyone else is. And by everyone else I mean, Dallon, Kenny and their partners. Oh gosh.

Josh introduces me to everyone and we both sit down with our feet dangling in the water. Everyone is chatting along and laughing. "So Pen, you don't seem to talk much or actually at all" Brendon realises. I look over at Josh and Tyler, waiting for one of them to help. "She's mute" Tyler steps in before things can get any more awkward. "Oh wow, how did you guys manage to meet?" Brendon asks, sounding shocked but actually interested.

Josh goes on to tell the story of the music store. "Did he say yesterday?" Dallon asks astonished at how close I seem to be with the guys in such a short period of time. I nod. "She has a good taste in music and she's an amazing drawer, what isn't there to like?" Josh explains his interest in me.

I see Brendon whisper something over to Dallon, Dallon seems to agree with whatever he said. The both smile and act like nothing was said. Weird.

Eventually, Brendon gets up from his seat and starts to climb onto the roof. "This is normal Pen, don't worry" Josh mentions laughing. Once Brendon is up, he backflips off into the pool, splashing everyone who's sitting on the edge.

Josh decides to follow as he's already wet now. He swims in front of me, trying to convince me to get in. "Coooooome on, it's hot" He whines. I shake my head and splash him with my feet. "Fine, that's it. You deserve this" He pouts before grabbing my hand and pulling me under water. Well, that was rude.

As soon as I surface the water, I splash him again in annoyance. "Guys stop flirting, you're making Tyler jealous" Brendon laughs at a sad Tyler, who is recording. "I'll flirt if I want to!" Josh yells like a child. I smile and hide my blush. Did he just admit that he was flirting? Or was he just going along as a joke?

I'm hoping the first option.