22- Late

The sound of angry knocking on my front door wakes me up, I guess I fell asleep mid-episode of Doctor Who. I sleepily walk my way over to the door, wondering who could be here this early in the morning. What time is it anyway?

As soon as I open the door Clara rushes past me. "Penny, what are you doing?! You were meant to be at work an hour ago!" She yells frantically, running into my room. I follow her confused. How did I manage to sleep in? I'm never late. I'm proud of how on time I usually am.

Clara hurriedly pulls clothes out of my draws trying to find an outfit that is presentable. "Shower, now!" She yells, getting stressed with my tiredness. I follow her instructions and jump into a quick shower. Half way through I hear the sound of a door open. "Clothes are there! I'm going to get you breakfast" She announces before closing the door again. Where would I be without her? Probably still asleep.

After quickly washing my hair and face I get out. I don't want to anger Clara anymore. She stresses out easily.

I smile lightly when I look at the clothes Clara set out for me. A Twenty One Pilots cropped shirt and high waisted jeans. The little hints she leaves about Josh. I should start being the same towards her for Tyler. The seemed to get along well.

"You better be out of that shower or I will walk right in there and drag you out!" She shouts from the kitchen. I quickly get dressed knowing she'll be up here soon. I step away from the door. Seconds later it being swung open. "Here. Eat, I'll dry your hair" She says slightly calmer now. Clara hands me a raspberry and white chocolate muffin before grabbing my hair drying and instructing me to sit on the counter. She would make a good mother one day.

"So what is keeping you up that night?" She questions. I reach for my phone and type out the word 'Netflix'. "Doctor Who again?" She laughs and I nod. "You are obsessed" She smiles back, now back to her usual happy self. 'Hey you can't say much, you're parents named you after a character' I type out before showing her. "Good point, now what were you thinking about, you never binge watch late unless you've got something on your mind" She pushes for a full answer.

I sigh and type. 'Brendon was telling me yesterday to admit my feelings to Josh' I wait and fluff up my hair as I go find a pair of shoes. "Okay hold up a minute, you definitely like Josh?" She says and I nod. "And Brendon? Why were you with him yesterday?" She asks slightly fangirling about me hanging around one of her favourite band members. 'I ran into him yesterday and he's giving me music lessons' I type soon knowing that I'd have to explain the music lessons to her. 'He helped me pick a guitar and he's teaching me every so often' I add before she can even ask about it.

"Okay one, I'm massively jealous of you. Two, we better get going" She smiles. I feel bad for spending less time with her and more with Josh, Tyler or Brendon. But I never knew if I would ever see them again. I don't want her to think that I'm leaving her for more famous friends.

"At lunch, you are explaining all to me, I need every detail on the last few days" She squeals as we head out to the music shop. "Well, maybe not every detail but you know what I mean" She adds, laughing lightly at the thought.

Bring on lunch time.