12- Offer

The next morning I'm woken by the sound of my phone ringing. Who could be ringing me? And why would anyone ring me? After checking the caller I.D I see that it's Josh.

When I finally will myself to get out of bed and grab the phone, I answer.
"Hey Pen, you weren't answering text messages and we're leaving in a few hours. Tyler and I just wanted to see you before we left so yeah answer the messages" He says awkwardly before hanging up.

As soon as he does I see what the time is. 11:30am. How did I manage to sleep in that long? I must look like a mess.

I quickly text Josh telling him that I'd be ready in half an hour. I don't really need that long but I need to shower and eat. I don't really remember much of what happened last night after we left Brendon's. But I can guess that I fell asleep and was dropped off.

After making myself look presentable, I go back downstairs and find some breakfast. Which ended up being fruit because I'm that lazy.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a letter sitting on the bench. I wonder how long that's been there and who wrote it. After scanning over it I see that it's from Josh. Basically just saying that he didn't want to wake me last night and wrote down the time of their flight, which was 3.

I guess that gives us a bit of time before they leave.

Not long later Josh arrives at my apartment, alone. I look at him confused, wondering where Tyler is and he just mentions that he's sorting out some stuff before they leave.

"I have about an hour and a half before I have to go to the airport, do you just wanna go for a walk to the park and relax?" Josh asks and I agree. After chucking on a pair of vans and grabbing my phone we head out.

The walk is mainly silent. It seems awkwardly quiet but I don't know what to do about it. It almost makes me want to say something to break the awkwardness, but I know I physically can't do that. It's been so long and my voice would just come out as a croak.

Once we've reached the same tree as yesterday, we sit down and get comfortable. "So we're leaving today to continue with the tour" He starts off awkwardly. "I don't really want our friendship to stop or end after, what like 3 days?" He asks and I nod. It seriously doesn't seem like only 3 days. It's kind of weird.

"We will be back in like a week for this concert but after that, we have like another month of touring, even with that I don't think I'll be able to message you that much" He sighs seeming disappointed. "I kind of want you to come with us, so I can get to know you more" He stops and looks down at his hands. "I can ask our manager and try but I wanted to know if you'd want to first" He blushes.

I don't answer. I'm slightly shocked. We've known each other for 3 days, this would seem weird to most people. "You can have time to think about it" He adds trying to make it not as awkward. Would Clara eve allow me to have that much time off work? Do I even want to be in such a major social situation? Having fans all around wanting to be around them. I would be out of place and in the way.

He would be only be gone for a month anyway, I mean we're only just getting to know each other, I think I can handle a month not seeing him. We'd still talk.

I get out my phone and type out a message, trying to write down how I feel without being mean or hurtful.
'I would love to come Josh but I'm not sure that I would be able to leave work for that long. And I would feel uncomfortable being around a lot of people because of my communication skills. The fans want to see you, I don't wanna get in the way of that.
We've known each other for 3 days, who knows you could get annoyed with being with me after a week. Let's just talk for now and maybe who knows what happens next time'

I type and hand over the phone. He looks sad. That makes me feel bad. I just don't think I could handle being around new people who aren't used to me not talking.

I think Josh notices that I was feeling bad as he speaks up. "Hey it's fine Pen, it has only been a short time. I'll just message the heck out of you when I can" He smiles, changing the mood of the conversation. "And I'll see you for our concert anyway" He mentions making me smile.

I feel slightly horrible for declining his offer but at least he still wants to be friends and get to know each other more over messaging. Still, doesn't help me from feeling guilty.