36- Mr Holmes

The next morning I wake up with a smile plastered on my face, and a Clara sprawled out on my couch, almost laying completely on top of me. How could I forget the way she takes up the whole bed? No matter the size she will fill it, no matter how uncomfortable the surface actually is.

"What are you smiling about?" Clara groans while hiding herself from the light. "It's Josh, I bet it's that sexy highlighter" She adds, adjusting her position so she's not laying on me anymore. I laugh and shake my head. I mean she's not wrong, he's part of my happiness. It's just overall contentment with my whole situation. I'm dating Josh, close friends with Tyler, Clara is now talking to me, everything is just working out right. 

I get up to sort out some breakfast for the two of us. "I would say to make me pancakes but I know how terrible your cooking is" Clara yells from the lounge. I try and look offended as I pull out a frypan to cook her eggs. I mean I like my pancakes, cover them in syrup and butter and you can't taste the burntness. Maybe I shouldn't cook for people anymore.

Josh pops back into my mind as I'm trying not to burn the food. The concert is coming up in the next few days and whatever the heck Tyler has planned for that weekend. That's if Clara still wants to go with me. I still haven't managed to ask about that yet. I'll get there... eventually. 

I'm awoken from my thoughts by a pair of socks flying past my head, almost hitting me right in the face. They hit the fridge instead. I snap out of my thoughts and look in the direction of fire, Clara is sitting upside down on the couch trying to hide a laugh. "It wasn't me" She giggles, yeah, totally wasn't her. The ghost of Bobby Singer just appeared to throw a sock at me. You would think he would have a better aim from all the years of hunting.

"You were going to burn the eggs" Clara yells when I zone out again. Hey, they're not burnt, just crispy, to the point of ash. Okay, maybe they're a little burnt. 

Clara skips into the kitchen, heading straight towards the fridge. Obviously the most important thing in the kitchen, well other than the food itself. "I think the toast is the only safe thing to eat" She laughs before buttering a piece and walking back into the lounge. I mean she's not wrong. You could probably draw with that egg, but I mean you probably could with most food.

I follow her lead into the lounge. The silence between us is comfortable as were both munching on our somehow not burnt toast. 

The silence is soon broken by the ding of... a snapchat? The only person who actually sends me snapchats me is Clara, but it can't be. I lazy trudge over to my phone, my curiosity being more important than my need for food. "Highlighter" My mind instantly goes to Josh, I mean I don't have a habit of purposely friending people who look like a human version of a highlighter. Though I should.

Josh must have sneakily added himself while I was asleep or distracted. Such an egg. My egg. 

I walk back over to Clara expecting it to be a goofy selfie with Tyler. "Ty's grilling me about why we took so long last night... He's gone full Sherlock Holmes" with a photo of Josh hanging upside down on the couch. Clara laughs lightly before beginning to question me about that night. 

'What about the date Tyler asked you on?' I type before she can even voice a theory about what happened. "Oh that's tonight" She mentions lightly like it's nothing. I look at her in shock and she bursts into laughter. "Don't make me more nervous than I already am" Clara yells before walking out the door before I can get any more information out of her about this date.

Well, that was one way to avoid being questioned about Josh.

A/N- Guess who's not deaaaad... I went to FOB and now I have random motivation to write