Douchebag

“Alright class with 15 minutes left in class I want to switch sits for a project that I want you to do for the semester.” Says Miss Jackson as she grabs her clipboard.

“Is this permanent?” asked a student.

“Well isn’t a project for the semester so for right now, yes Mr. Harris it’s permanent.” Says Miss Jackson.

Standing up I walked to the back of the room as I went to grab my portfolio as Miss Jackson began to call partners. Standing in the back I thumbed through my folder as Miss Jackson says, “Alright now Mr. Styles,” before she finished the sentence a group of girls surrounded Harry’s table.

“The thirst is real.” Says a girl name Jessica.

I smiled as Miss Jackson says, “Sorry ladies, but Mr. Styles has his partner.”

“Who?” asked a girl as she places her hand on hip.

Looking down at her list she says, “Annabelle.”

Looking up from my portfolio I looked at Miss Jackson as my eyes traveled to Harry who sat there with a smirk.

“You’re kidding right?” I ask.

Miss Jackson shakes her head, “Nope, now decide on if you’re staying at his table or moving to yours.”

I looked at Harry again as I turned and put my portfolio back. Walking to his table I say, “So, do you want to stay here or go to my table?”

Turning to look at me Harry smirks as he says, “Well I don’t know, I’ve never been asked to go to someone’s table before.”

My cheeks redden as I say, “My table it is.”

Walking to my seat I sat. Walking as slow as possible Harry walks to my table as he sits his books down and pulls out his chair.

“Now that everybody has been paired up, the first assignment for this class will be for you to find out 10 things about your partner. This is due tomorrow and if you fail to turn it in you will get a F to start the semester.”

“What?” chimed all of the students.

Miss Jackson smiles as she says, “You have 5 minutes left you should use them wisely, remember start with the basic’s.”

Conversation started as I pulled out a piece of paper.

“Your name?”  asked.

“Harry, call me Harry. I mean it, call me.” he says with a wink.

“How old are you?” I asked.

No answer.

“What’s your favorite fruit?” I asked.

No answer.

Sighing I tapped my pen on the table as I say, “Look I don’t know how you do thing, but I can’t fail a class so can you please at least act like you care about your grade?”

“Who said I didn’t?” he said as he looks at me from the corner of his eye.

“Well you aren’t participating.” I say.

“Who says I’m not?”

I rolled my eyes, “You have to actually ask questions and answer them to participate.” I say.

“Why ask questions when I already know the answers?” he smiled.

“You don’t know me.” I say.

“I actually I do.”

“Oh really? Then tell me 5 things you ‘know’ about me.”

Leaning back in his chair he says, “You’re a book junkie, never been kissed, you look up to your brother like a girl does her father, you’re scared, and your bossy.”