Twister

Today marks my grandmother (who is/was practically my mother) birthday. If you read my headers you probably can recall me mostly mentioning me at the hospital writing or such and I think I mentioned that she passed back in April... SO for a little Happy Birthday To her, here's a update from one of the stories she was extremely excited about when I first told her about it last year.

Also!!!! It's officially 26 days to my 21st birthday!!! (November 28!)
-----------
"Annabelle."

My father voice cut through the night air as clear as day. Looking up from my sketch pad as I sat on the swing in our backyard I looked up and smiled, "It's been a while since I seen you in sweatpants dad."

Smiling he looks down at his clothes which consisted of sweats and a regular shirt. His phone was clipped on his hip and I noticed that he had on his slippers.

"No work tonight?" I asked as he walked over and sat down next to me.

"Nope, I called the night off." Wrapping his arm around my shoulder he pulls me to him gently as I laid lazily against him, "I wanted to make sure that my babygirl was fine."

"I'm fine like the medic said it was just a panic attack. I've had them before."

"I know but you still worry me when it does happen."

I nod as I glance out to the trees. We sat there in silence for a moment before he says, "How are your meetings with the doctor going?"

I sighed, "Boring and annoying." Looking up at him I smile, "You know the usual."

"Is he not helping?"

"There's nothing that he can do," I say sitting up from him, "We've tried the pills, the hypnotics, we even tried those overnight treatment stays. My nightmares aren't stopping and they aren't helping my panic attacks."

"Maybe we need a new doctor."

I shook my head, "Why so he can tell me what I already know? That I'm a freak? Mentally unstable? Dad, a few people already know about what happened before the move. I'm not going to go to another doctor in this small town so people can have proof that I'm off."

"Sweetheart, you're not off."

"Well I'm defiantly not on." I chuckle.

Leaning back in the swing he looks up at the sky as he says, "This has been happening on and off since you were little and it just got worst when Uncle Robert passed,"

"Dad,"

"Just hear me out for a second okay?"

I nod.

"Now I know that you never fully accepted what happened because it was unexpected and I'm thinking that maybe that's the reason why you're having nightmares. You were there when it happened and though you won't tell me what exactly happened I know that it was traumatic maybe be the reason why you are also having the panic attacks."

I bit my lip as my eyes became misty as I looked down at my book, "Dad,"

His phone rings as he looks at the caller id, "It's the station."

I nod blinking back tears as he stands and answers his phone, "Sheriff Aconite."

Motioning for me to give him a moment he walks back into the house as warmth came over me.

"You know," Harry starts as he walks up, "First sign of snow is to fall tomorrow night."

"Oh really?" I say as clearing my throat. As I forced a yawn, wiping the tears from my eyes.