Trust (Long)

“Talk? It’s 6 in the morning.” I said.

“Where you sleep?” he asked.

“Yes I was.”

Looking at me, he looks up and down as he smiles and turns his head, “Nice pj’s.”

Looking down I gasped as I reached behind the door grabbing a jacket as I wrapped myself. Pushing my hair back I say, “What do you want?”

“I got your text.”

“The text I sent yesterday?”

He nods.

“Then why didn’t you reply?”

“I just got it 20 minutes ago.”

“You just received my message and you decided to make a house call instead of replying?”

“Texting annoys me, I only use it if needed.”

I looked at him as I stepped outside. I looked up at the sky. The sky was on the brinks of rising but it was still kind of dark. I looked down the road to see my car, and my mom’s car sitting in the driveway.

“How did you get here?”

“I walked.” He says.

“You walked? It’s almost 50 degrees and you walked?”

He nods.

“How did you even know where I live?” I asked skeptic.

“I heard your brother telling someone how to get here.”

“You were eavesdropping on my brother’s conversation?”

He shook his head, “No your brother just has a loud mouth and I just so happened to have overheard him.”

“Your acting like a killer.”

He laughs, “A killer?”

I nod.

“How am I acting like a killer?”

I shrugged, “It’s too early to think of reason, but trust me your starting to act like a serial killer or a stalker.” Yawing I shook my head as I say, “Why are you here?”

Leaning against the railing on the stairs he says, “You asked me if I was alright and I wanted to know why?”

“So you decided to come to my house at 6 in the morning opposed from waiting for a decent hour? Does your phone not make phone calls?”

“I was up, and I had nothing to do so I thought I’d go for a walk and I ended up here.”

“Harry, you live like 15 minutes from here.”

“I’m aware.” He says as he smiles, “So what made you ask if I was alright?”

I shook my head as I pushed lose hair behind my ear, “The night you helped with the Carter’s car you were out by yourself.”

“I’m aware of that also.” He says leaning against the railing as he crossed his feet and arms, “Still doesn’t explain why you asked if I was alright.”

“Isn’t it a little too early for you to be a dick?”

Closing his eyes he says, “Isn’t it a little too early to be using such language?” he smiles, “Seriously Pebbles, and here I pegged you as a goody two shoe that doesn’t curse.”

I rolled my eyes as I said, “Look my dad told me there was an attack that night and,”

Harry’s eyes snapped opened as he looks at me, “Attack? How far?”