Close to Home

First Casting is up! Starring the Aconite Family... :D Oh Yeah And GOOD MORNING, nothing saying good morning like a little Hanna in the morning. (Is that their ship name? Idk, *shrugs* i like it. Do you?) ^_^

Everything went fast, Dad was in and out of the room with Mom, even though he was giving off orders to the deputies, Daniel had left about 20 minutes ago after dad told him to go pick up his car and to swing by the house to get mom some of her things. Meanwhile I sat in the room next to my mom making sure she wasn’t in pain and she didn’t need anything. Although the doctors said that her injuries weren’t serious, it was still hard to take in the sight of all the blood that covered her. She had claw marks that went over her stomach and down her right arm, and in the time that I stood there with her, before she fell asleep, I noticed fine lines of faint red markings on her and I wondered where they came from.  

About a half an hour had past when my dad came in.

“Sweetheart?” he says.

“Yes?” I say as I rubbed my now red and puffy eyes.

“Why don’t you go grab a coffee or something.” He says, “I’ll sit with her.”

I shook my head, “I told her I’ll be here if she needs anything.”

Dad walks to me and places a hand on my shoulder, “Go and get some coffee. You need a break.”

I sighed heavily as I stood, “Okay.”

Reaching into his pocket he hands me a twenty and says, “I think your friends are waiting for you, so get you all something. On me.”

I nod as I hugged him tightly, “I love you daddy.”

Smoothing out my hair he says, “I love you too sweetheart.”

Kissing me on the top of my head I pulled away as I stuck the twenty in my pocket and headed out the room. Walking to the waiting room I stood in the doorway and couldn’t help but smile. Niall was on the floor, arm’s curled under his head as he slept, while Liam was sprawled out on the couch, mouth opened, as he slept. Harry was leaned back in a regular chair, head leant against the wall, arms crossed over his chest, with his beanie over his eyes. They looked exhausted. Quietly walking over to Harry I curled up in the chair next to him and leaned onto his shoulder, as my eyes closed.

“How is she?” says Harry, startling me.

“Stable, bloody, and scratched up, but stable.” I say as I look up at him.

Moving the beanie off his eyes Harry turns to look at me, “And you?”

“Shaky, confused, and overall starving.”

Harry smiles as he brings his hand up and strokes my cheek.

“You guys look exhausted.” I say.

He nods, “Yeah, with the full moon tomorrow, we usually get tired the day before.”

I nod, “Did you guys find anything?”

He shakes his head, “Liam caught a scent, and we followed it about 2 miles from here, but halfway there it disappeared.”

“Disappeared? How?”

He shrugs, “Nick is looking into it.” I sit up as Harry yawns, rubs a hand down his face as he sits up putting his elbows on his legs as he leans his head into his hands, “He has a theory.”

“What kind of theory?”

“He thinks that the attack was meant for your mother, considering every nurse, patient, and doctor around this place says that it originally went to launch at your mother, but stopped when a male nurse tossed a chair at it.”