Mimicking

“I just can’t believe that your parents have kept that you were adopted, from you for so long.” Says Charlotte as she walks back into her room, in which I reside off to the side of her bed.

It had been 2 days in which I haven’t been home, I missed thanksgiving with them and missed shopping with mom for Black Friday. Dad came by last night to check on me, but I refused to see him. Luckily Charlotte’s mom let me stay here, and also Harry when he turned last night.

“Are you going to go back home?” she asks as she sat next to me on the bed.

Rubbing my eyes, I say, “Eventually.” Looking at her I say, “Whenever I am becoming a burden I’ll leave.”

Pulling me to a hug Charlotte says, “Stay however long you want. You know I love having you here.”

I smile as I hug her back, “You know I love you right?”

“Always and forever Annabear.” She smiles as she pulls away from me, “You sure you don’t want to come and go shopping with us today?”

I shook my head, “No, I’m not in the shopping mood today.”

She smirks as she stands and grabs her jacket, “Sweetheart when are you ever in a shopping mood? Besides when it involves books?”

“Never?” I smile.

She laughs, “Exactly.” There was a pause, “So Wolfy,” she starts as I look up at her, “What was his problem last night?”

I raised a brow, “What do you mean?”

“Has he always been that protective of you?”

Last night flooded back into my head, with how Harry, wolfy, wouldn't leave my side for nothing. He stayed at my side, when I walked to the kitchen, and he even laid outside the bathroom door as he waited for me to get out of the shower.

I shook my head, “He can sense when I’m upset so he felt protective.”

“I wish I had a pet that would do that for me.” she says as she grab her purse she says, “Is he coming back tonight?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know, most likely.”

“Where in the hell do he do all of the other days during the month?”

School, training, racing cars, and spending most of his time with me, “I have the slightest clue.” I says.

She nods as she says, “Alright, well you already have a key. We won’t be back till late so don’t feel like you have to stay.”

I nod.

As she heads to the door she stops and says, “And if you decide to crash with Harry tonight, just let me know, so,”

“You can stay as Ashton’s again?”

She does a double take, “Wait what?”

“You honestly didn’t think I got that text last night from him?”

“Wait he text you?!”

I nodded, “Apparently I’m stealing his music buddy and you were to stay with him last night.”

“Anna I,”

I shook my head, “Look Char I love you, and I love Ashton, but if you two keep acting stupid, I’m throwing both of you into a mud pit.”

She laughs, “I don’t know what you’re talking about love, but we’re just friends, having a sleepover like we 3 all have had.”

I laughed, “Yeah sure, whatever you say.”