Chapter 3

"Why are you looking down all the wrongs roads?  When mine is the heart and salt of soul"  - Like I Can by Sam Smith

Clarion told me we could go wherever I wanted and I decided to go to the local sushi place (one of my favourite restaurants). Sitting down at the counter we both picked up some sushi from the train and began to eat.

"So tell me big sister how excited are you?"
"More than I can describe little sister" stuffing my face full of sushi I felt like everything was going right for a change. After a few minutes I heard the whispering, turning I noticed two girls that I went to school with. I never hung out with them but I did know of them but because of circumstances that occurred everyone in our high school knew me and not in a good way. Noticing my sudden reclusion Clarion turned to see the girls and gave them a pointed look. "Marley please this needs to end they won't get over it until you do" I honestly thought my still intact friendship with Jesse and Iris was proof enough that it was over, but who was I kidding I would still forever feel pain about it.

After finishing dinner Clarion and I went home and decided that watching  TV was appropriate. "What are we thinking tonight? Movie or Tv series?" I asked Clarion standing in front of the TV hand poised at the remote. " I vote movie and maybe a thriller because those two bitches got you worked up and I think you need nothing sappy or chick flick" I nodded in agreement and picked up Single White Female one of the first movies Clarion and I watched. "Good choice" Clarion and I settled on the couch and begun to watch.

~~~

The next morning I decided to ring mum and dad about my acceptance into Treble, perhaps it might soften the blow since they were both pissed that I deferred for a year. "Why would you do that Marley!? You were so excited when you got accepted into the Oceanography course, why change that?" Mum had told me and had shaken her head in complete disappointment. Dad on the other hand was mad and never passed up the opportunity to tell me "you used to cry so much when I didn't recycle! Saying I'm killing turtles and I paid for you to do that internship at that aquarium in North Dakota last summer so what do you want!?" Both reactions made my decision to try out for Treble so much more important because both things they told me were true and that's why this was so important and exciting because I finally had showed them I could make something of myself.

Picking up the phone I began to dial dads number (I needed to get the hardest parent out of the way). After a few minutes he picked up "Hello" his voice was groggy like he'd had just been woken up (despite it being late) "hi dad it's me...Marley" I began to play with my hair, a nervous habit that has developed over time. "Marley sweetheart what's the matter you sound troubled? Oh god you didn't drop out of college did you!?" His voice began to increase in panic and I couldn't help but roll my eyes "no no but I do have something to tell you..." I began to relay the events of the past days and his silence screamed volume because it meant I had his full attention. "Marley Rosalie Gate I am so very proud of you but I hope you realise you could fail"
"Thanks for the vote of confidence dad"
"No Marley I just don't want you to be upset it something happens"
"I need to go now, I'll call you when I'm in New York"
"Wait New Yor-" I hung up before he could finish.

I tried to ring mum but all I got was the machine so I left her a simple message and she could call me later. "Come on Marley I'll help you pack" Clarion grabbed my arm and went upstairs to my room.

---
"You going to tell Jesse and Iris?" Clarion asked as I begun to fold clothes. "No I won't" I knew the reasons behind my decision and summer was just starting and really I knew Iris wouldn't miss me and Jesse would hide it to please her. "I think that's wise" Clarion started to put shoes into the suitcase. "Are we ever going to talk about what happened? It was so hard on you, I had never seen you so upset" I never wanted to talk about that hellish year I had experienced , especially the last six months. "no Clarion not  now"
"But Marley-"
"I said not now" I knew that hurt her because even she didn't know the whole story and that's how it was going to stay until I went away and hopefully so did everything else.

It was all to begin here

----

hi!
I know Marley is being cryptic about what happened to her but trust me it will all come out soon... But Marley is a soldier and won't ever let her pain show.

Next chapter sees the beginning of treble!!! YAY

Xx