Chapter 32

"Don't let this be our final song" - Final Song by MØ

Standing on that stage with the Emeralds and Tallulah felt surreal. We were outing her singing the sad country song 'Teardrops on my guitar' and somehow we all seemed a bit dazed.

I was next, I had to perform Tennis Court by Lorde and I had never sung one of her songs before. I was out there standing in a white dress (I had obviously changed in the interlude) and was dazzled by the spotlight. It probably wasn't really a Ballard but it's what I was given and all I was to do on that stage was to sit on a stool and sing in a single spotlight.

Next was the original composition and before I was to out I ran into the bathroom and vomited. "Marley?"
"Ryan!?" I sat up from my spot in front of the toilet bowl at the sound of Ryan's voice. "You okay?" He asked me and I shook my head and realised he couldn't see "come on Marls you'll be great you know that" and I chuckled "what if I told you a secret, would that make you feel better?"
"Yeah maybe"
"Tallulah and I are dating" and I started to laugh "do you want me to vomit again Ryan?" And he laughed "no but I wanted to tell you because I had to tell someone and maybe you need someone to laugh at while you stand out there and sing... now I'll leave you to it and I'll see you out there"

I walked into the stage, Ryan's somehow comforting words ringing in my ears. I started to sing and I honestly wished in this moment that I could see that audiences faces. I needed to belt out the chorus now and took a breath.

"Cause I'm learning to fly and I will not let my feet touch the ground. I am taking my chance and not thinking of any consequences (no) !It will be my time to rise and I will take you all by surprise because I am learning to fly..."

I felt like I couldn't breathe when I finished "don't vomit" I told myself.
Sometimes that's the only advice you need because honestly it keeps it down.

The final song is a pop song with a twist but for some reason they gave me an All time low song (Thanks to You) and they fact they are making me jump around in a dress is cruel. But my mind kept racing about the end and after watching everyone sing and us out it all on the line, I felt sad.

Then it was over.

"Hey everyone" Esmeralda Oane walked out onto the stage as we all stood together holding hands, ignoring the fact we all had sweaty palms and were squeezing as hard as we'd possibly could.

"Tonight we have seen talent to the max tonight and we have all seen the drive and the trials of all these amazing artists. But tonight we decide a winner and the judges have deliberated...

The winner of Treble 2016 is..."

-----
psych!

See you in the epilogue lovelies ;)