Chapter 19

"Let's get out, let's get out, 'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down"- She Looks So Perfect by Five Seconds of Summer.

Sometimes I take the time to wonder on how difficult this whole experience was. I left something behind, was it good? No. Was it stable? Yes. I left people who would most likely care if I just fled existence, I left a chance at a degree but most of all I had left familiarity. Sure it might have been parents who hated each other, a back stabbing best friend and the boy I once loved so deeply it hurt who had cheated on me...with my best friend- I do love a good cliche.

But here I had taken in a whole new challenge, a whole new beginning but it was beginning to hurt like home did. "Marley?" I snapped myself out of my trance to see Clarion who had a concerned look on her face. "Sorry Clary, what's wrong?" Tonight was her last night and somehow I hadn't began crying yet but it had been getting increasingly difficult as time went on. "Marley I just wanted to talk about you know all of this..." She gestured all around "but I wanted to talk about Mason, he's been giving you longing looks and you've been giving him dirty ones" I blushed a bit because it was true, he had been giving me longing looks and although I was still mad, my heart ached for him. "He slept with Tallulah, I can't forgive that"
"You forgave Jesse and Iris"
"Firstly...ouch and secondly not completely"
"Semantics but Marley just talk to him"
"After the performance"
"Works for me Marls"

The performance was in less than three hours which was about how long it took for us all to get prepared. The group performance was 'she's kinda hot' by five seconds of summer which we thought would be a fun number for our loved ones to watch. Walking into the Flo I saw everyone was already here including the family chatting and they still had the wonderstruck looks from the very first time.

Smoothing out my thin grey jumper I decided I would sit backstage. I walked back stage and noticed someone sitting in my seat; a boy someone. "Um excuse me?" I approached him he looked familiar? "Sorry dear, I was just looking for my brother" the blue-black hair, dark eyes and light skin, he looked like Brody, except for a few features but yep he looked like him. "Let me guess your a Miller?" I held out my hand "yep I'm Kevin and I'm Brody's fraternal twin brother" he shook my hand politely "I'm -"
"I know your Marley Gate and I must say you are so much prettier in person" he was forward I'll give him that. "Well... Thank you" I began to blush "sorry I'll get out out of your hair" he went to leave but I stopped him "you don't need to..."

"Actually I think he does"

We both whipped around to see Mason who looked livid "piss off Kev, go and hit on another girl" I watched Kevin sulk off but he still have me a slight smile as he left. "What was that for!?" I pushed him angrily but he didn't budge. "Um hello!? You were flirting with another guy! I-I..." I rolled my eyes "well it didn't t stop you from sleeping with Tally and you...you didn't even apologise and I have been hurt enough Mason, I can't deal with anymore heartbreak I have been messed with, cheated on.."
"Wait what!?" He stopped me and I covered my mouth in shock. "Nothing, nothing I was being dramatic... I need to go" I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out the room going hot from sheer embarrassment.

--//---

The group performance went off without a hitch and so did my performance of 'Shes so mean' so I decided I would watch the Emeralds perform. I watched them go on stage and noticed Mason whisper something to the boys.

"Hi everyone tonight I need to prove to a lovely lady how much I really like so we will be performing a song I actually wrote for her away back called 'let me show you'. I was in shock and I felt everyone's eyes back stage but I didn't care.

"Here we are, we ain't dreaming but living. Here we are again waiting for night break. Darling you caught me off guard for the first time ever and I hope you do every time after.

Tonight's the night where I'll it all right and I fix all the broken parts of you, I'll fix the mess I made of you and I'll swear to anyone up there I'll never hurt you again

Let me show you the world, let me show you that I'll not the devil in disguise. Let me show you I'm not some boy who can't take care of you... Let me show you that I can be what you want from life"

The song continued like a verbal promise and I swear I could feel the tears coming and not from sadness this time. When they finished ,there was a tidal wave of applause and I could see Mason blush. They all practically skipped off stage and I saw Masons sheepish smile as he did.

When we all finished we all had the scariest part: elimination. "And the two contestants selected for elimination are... Peggy and Tallulah." There was a gasp. Look Peggy singing a Reese Mastin song probably wasn't the best choice and Tallulah's version of 'Shut up and dance with me' was a bit flat but was that enough for them to be put through?

We all trailed off stage leaving those two to deliberate on their songs. In the end Peggy chose Sing but Ed Sheeran and Tally chose Single by Natasha Bedingfield but it was a close call. "I'm sorry but the person returning home with their loved one is...."

"Peggy."

I almost cried it was so close. I was so close to be Tallulah free but I watched Peggy start crying and Tallualhs panicked expression turn smug, that didn't take long. Peggy said her goodbyes and we were all forced to say our own goodbyes but I was distracted by something.

I don't know what spurred it within me but I needed to tell Mason everything but first I needed to tell Clarion. "Clary? Before you leave I have something really important to tell you, about Jesse and me"
"You've told me everything Marls"
"Not everything, you see when Jesse cheated with me I had a secret of my own... I was pregnant" I saw Clarions mouth drop. "YOUR TELLING ME THIS NOW!? AN HOUR BEFORE I GO HOME!"
"I'm sorry but I needed to tell you and after Dom told me about Jesse and Iris I had just found out about that well before and that night I called mum and she made the decision to put the baby up for adoption but the I told her about the cheating and I..." I choked up but composed myself "I got rid of it... Dad didn't agree with it but mum said it my choice but I think that was the downfall of their marriage and it's all my fault"

"Marley, I'm so sorry"
"The worst part is that Jesse still has no idea and I broke our family" before I could say anything more Clarion wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly . I felt like a huge weight has been lifted.

---/

WELL THERE IT IS AND I PROMISE SHIT WILL GO DOWN AT SOME POINT AND HEY THE COMPETITION ONLY HAS FOUR MORE WEEKS!

THIS BOOK MIGHT ONLY HAVE TEN MORE CHAPTERS BUT I HAVE THREE MORE IDEAS FOR WATTPAD THAT I WILL BEGIN AFTER THAT

XX