Chapter 28

"What doesn't kill makes you stronger , stand a little taller" - stronger (what doesn't kill you) by Kelly Clarkson

It's week nine now and like always the stakes are higher than before, the only thing bringing me down was that Jesse and Iris had not left New York. Like seriously!? Don't they need to go back home? I was getting frustrated and I think Jesse was becoming annoyed that I was dodging his questions.

We were nearing the end, I was nearing the ending and I had to make my choices now, like would I ever go back to Santa Fe? Or would I go to university and complete my degree? I had known what I wanted well at least I thought I did. I knew that there was one thing that needed to be done before I really could see what I wanted.

I needed to tell Jesse I was pregnant.

After rehearsal I noticed Jesse lingering on the edge of the stage. He was watching and waiting. He gestured to me and I followed, I was going to be obedient to him for the final time. "Alright Marley you tell me right now what the hell your doing here" he demented his voice scathing and hurtful. "I am trying to get away from you" I cried gesturing to him and for a split second I almost slapped him.

"Well, I know why your here because your jealous of me and Iris!"
"I was always jealous because you cheated on me with her! Jesus Jess you could have always picked someone who wasn't my best friend" I was pissed now, everything I had ever wanted to say was coming out. "Wow real mature Marley , rehashing old wounds"

"Old for you maybe"
"Why it's like anything was holding me to you, it's not like we were married or you were pregnant" that was like a slap in the face or worse a stab in the heart. I fell silent because it was true.

"Well I was fucking pregnant but I got rid of it because I would never let a baby be in this world with a father that's a cheater!"

"YOU LIAR" he roared and he did it he slapped me, what I wanted to do to him he did to me. "Hey!" We both turned to see a very pissed off Mason. He did it wordlessly but the next thing I saw was Jesse on the ground his nose all bloodied. I ran and hugged Mason tightly but he continued to stare at Jesse. "How you ever got Marley to love you, you piece of shit I will never understand." He panted and Jesse smirked "what did you put her up to it? saying she was pregnant."  And I lost it, I pulled out my wallet and found the picture I had long wanted to destroy "here" I flicked it to him "it was a boy, and no that isn't from the internet". I watched Jesse look at the photo in horror.

"Marley..."

"Goodbye Jesse, don't ever come back"

I walked away from him, hopefully for the last time.

---/---

Okay okay I know this chapter is short but it felt wrong to add it to the last chapter or continue the chapter after this moment. It needs to stand alone because it's important.

Check out my new book : Howler for a bit of werewolf drama!

Love you all

L xx