Chapter 23

"Honey don't you be afraid. If we got nothing we got us (Yeah)" - Something I need by OneRepublic

Week 7! How did we get here? How did I get this far? Sometimes I wonder if this has just been some sort of dream or hallucination but it's not. This week has been somewhat shocking since the very beginning : Jacks 'coming out' , Mason and I singing a duet and then me calling him Jesse... How did this happen?

Spotlights they amplify every flaw, every emotion cast onto your face they are just apart of a stage presence , apart of your stage presence. I was standing on stage wearing a purple dress and suddenly having the urge to cry but I powered through but singing 'somewhere only we know' by Keane did not help me at all.

The chorus broke me - the tears began to flow and I almost choked on stage but I didn't and I couldn't, turning to the side I saw Tallulah staring at me but her hard expression didn't match her eyes which were soft and almost understanding. When I finished I watched her walk her on stage and she offered me the smallest of smiles before belting out the 1975's 'the sound'.

Something was wrong I could feel it. I looked around backstage and everything seemed to be in order and in its place but something was off-I just knew it. After everyone had finished there performances I still couldn't shake the feeling, I almost didn't notice that my name had been called.

I was safe.

The final two however broke me out of my trance long enough to see the Emeralds faces contorted into shock and Coles face looking sick as Jack and him shared a heartbroken glance. I watched Mason trying to catch his eye - just for a second and when I did he offered me a smile, something that seemed to soothe me.

"Tonight we have two talented artist...one who chose to go solo and the other who decides to be a machine of sound in a band but only one can stay with us" Esmerelda's pause seemed to last an eternity and for a split second I was afraid Mason would go. Despite all he's done no matter what going to happen, I wasn't ready to say goodbye.

"Cole"

Relief and sadness washed over me all at once. I snuck a glance at Jack who had suddenly gone very pale and Cole looked like he might have cried right there. I watched the boys all give Cole the traditional 'boy hug' and they all trailed off stage just as the show began to end. I couldn't help it but I took a running start at Mason and before he could think of a reason to leave I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

I felt his arms tightly snake around me and he rested his chin on my head. "I wasn't ready for you to leave" I mumbled into his shirt. "I wasn't ready to leave without telling you that I am an ass and I am so sorry"
"I didn't mean to call you Jesse"
"I know" he took a deep breathe like he was trying to compose himself "the thought of you liking another guy it made me-"
"Wait Jesse!? No! Maybe once but I think I am happy now and that is thanks to you." Mason pulled away from me and smiled and bent down to kiss me.

"What the hell!?"

We pulled apart in shock and I almost fainted or vomited actually both because standing behind stage was a very pissed looking Jesse and Iris. "Marley who-" Mason didn't finish his sentence because Jesse cut him off "I'm her best friend Jesse Smith and this is my girlfriend Iris and she" he pointed to me angrily "has a lot of explaining to do"

"Did you miss us Marley?" Asked Iris and all those memories came flooding back and I must have been too overwhelmed because I felt myself and gravity became well acquainted as I dropped to the floor and it the world turned dark.

----

Hi! I'm sorry that this is a short chapter I am alittle bit tight scheduled because of HSC ....and I am so excited because I just hit 300 reads!

I would like to thank shenneane for commenting and voting on every one of my chapters and even though I already thanked her I feel she still deserves a special shout out!

Love you all xx

Spotlight  #the2017Awardsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें