Chapter 18

"Feel you here forever , You and me together"- Set Fire To The Rain by Adele

*Flashback 3 of 5- will feature Jesses P.O.V*

"Ahh babe you sure you don't mind?" Jesse sat next to me holding my hand. "Jesse it's fine, don't miss Dom's party because of me" ahh Dominic Clarence also known as Dom threw the best parties in New Mexico and his New Years Eve parties were legend, having to miss out on one sucked. "Aww your the best Marls, I be back at 11:59 to give you your kiss" he kissed my forehead to prove a point. "Besides Iris will keep me company" that singular comment made me feel uneasy. Iris had been becoming bolder in her endeavours for Jesse's heart and I couldn't tell if Jesse ignored it or was stupid enough not to notice.

I didn't trust her but I trusted him.

"Jesse you have fun I'll see you soon" I kissed him in the cheek but I still felt like something was very wrong - and that wasn't the nausea talking.

---/---/--

Jesse's Point Of View

Dom Clarence was many things, he was a douchebag, a jock and somehow one of my closest friends. Dom was a year older than me and was a freshman in college with a full athletic scholarship, lucky bastard.

"Jesse come on!" Iris pulled me by the wrist causing me to smile. Iris, Marls and I were a trio and we always had been but Iris had been becoming more ... affectionate lately, the touches, the flirty smiles the whole thing. I loved Marley but certainly didn't stop Iris's encouragement either so what did that make me?

Walking into Dom's house was like walking in a rave blind because all you could feel were the sweaty bodies of other people and it was dark. Although it was winter I felt like I needed to be in a T shirt instead because I felt like I was dying . "Jesse Smith!" I knew that familiar voice "Dom!" We did the usual 'boy hug' as Marley called it but you know guy pride, we don't hug. "Where's the old ball and chain?" He gestured to Iris who had now slipped her hand into mine. "No she's sick tonight" I couldn't help but notice how happy Iris sounded when she said that.

Marley... She was at home and my god I couldn't help it but Iris was... NO JESSE FOCUS.

"Jess come on and help me grab some drinks" he led me away and we hit the bar he began to our drinks. "So do you have something to tell me?"
"Nope"
"Don't fuck with me Jesse your here holding hands with your girlfriends best friend and your not doing anything to stop her, what's going on?"
"What are you suggesting Dominic!?" I knew what he was suggesting "are you cheating on Marley?" I didn't say yes or no because I couldn't answer that. "Well what about you!? Look at Wendy, Meg, Danni and countless others! Your no saint either"
"I never cheated on them mate and I'll never cheat on a girl" he shook his head at me and walked off drinks in hand and I simpler followed.

I couldn't help it but for about two hours I racked my brain for an answer and decided on the most stupid course of action. "Iris I need to talk to you" before she could answer me I had pulled her into a room. "Jesse what the hell-"

I kissed her.

She kissed back and for a split second I forgot about Marley. "Jesse you have no idea how long-" she started but I ignored her and kissed her again. "Shut up Iris".

I don't want to be blunt but we hooked up.

"Hey has anyone seen Jesse? it's nearly twelve and he's-" Dom walked in the room as he spoke and stopped dead in his tracks, locking eyes with me he suddenly notched the clothes on the floor and the very bad site before him. I felt like I could see it all clicking in his head. He walked out of the room cursing and I checked my phone realising it was 11:52, I wasn't going to make it.

Walking out of the room I was met with a very pissed off Dom. "Your an idiot, you've made the biggest mistake and you-" he pointed to Iris who had followed me out and was fixing her clothes "your the biggest bitch of them all" he spat and walked off angrily. Even though I felt guilt all I could think about was Iris.

Was Marley the right choice?

-----

Marley

12:05, he wasn't coming. I knew that. "Well might as well get some shut eye then.." I was about to go to sleep when my phone started to ring, Dominic? "Hey Dom what's wrong?" I'd met him a few times but I had never spoken to him beyond those meetings . "Hey Marley I need to tell you something, promise me you'll listen alright?"
"I promise but what's going on" I listened on what Dominic told me every sickening word and I could feel the bile in my throat. I could feel the tears, I could feel my heart breaking in a million pieces.

After I hung up I ran into the bathroom and vomited, even when I was finished vomiting I continued to heave and cry. I cried for hours until I collapsed on the bathroom floor still in gut wrenching pain. When I stirred I picked up my phone and dialled the one number I needed more than ever.

"Mum I need to tell you something, it's important".

---

So... Yeah. What a douchebag!

Trust me you'll hate them more later. I'm just going to rock out to 1975 now or something...

Xx