Chapter 31

"Taking back what's mine, I won't be denied. It's my time to rise" - taking back by Taylor Henderson

This is the final one. The last hurdle, I could rattle off a million 'final countdown' lines but in this moment I was speechless. Staring in front of the makeup mirror we were all nervous, some more than others. All of us were dressed in classic black for our group number but with pastel accents (the Emeralds had pastel ties and Tally and I had belts). "Hey Marley we are going to find our families in the crowd, wanna come?" Ryan scared me when he appeared behind but I agreed.

We had all situated ourselves in front of the curtin and the boys had already starting pointing out their families. "Hey you" Mason wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. "Your family coming tonight Marls?" I shook my head and told him only Clarion was coming because my parents didn't deserve anything.

"Who's here for you Mason?" I asked him and he suddenly looked pale then shook it off. "I've got Ella, her fiancée Chris Donovan and my parents... Nicholas and Isabella Shipton" I gasped because I knew that Mason's mum had a bipolar disorder which resulted in his scar but it was almost touching to see she was here for him. "Perhaps you want to meet them afterwards?" He questioned and all I could do was nod dumbly because I had never met a boyfriends parents because I had met Jesse's parents when I was a child.

We all continued to point out our families (even Tallulah got in on it and pointed out her mum and adopted sister Milly) and we even saw our teammates streaming in and situating themselves to watch the grand finale.

But eventually we had to be serious.

We all wandered into the dressing room and all stared at each other and wordlessly we all gathered into a group hug, despite our differences and trials we were here together.

We were the lucky ones.

---

Don't hate me, I know this is a short chapter but it felt wrong to start the finale in this chapter it deserves a standalone chapter that shines on its own.

Then guess what?

Epilogue!