Chapter 18 - New Family Member?

*1 year later*

Meghan's POV

So the twins are a year & a half now and Charlie & I are deciding shearer or not if we want to get a puppy, kitten, or actually have another baby.

We're just not exactly sure what we want to do because we feel like if we have another baby it will be too soon but we don't know what animal to get and how old they should be and they would have to be trained and all that.

But Charlie and I are still thinking about it tho. The main reason why we want one we feel like we just need that 1 extra family member but the thing is, is that Charlie and I wanted to wait at least another 2/3 years until they start preschool or kindergarten so then the twins can help out around the house and all that stuff.

-----

Charlie's POV

So it's been about 2 weeks and we decided on getting a dog.

It's a little girl and she's a puppy and she's a German Shepard. And her name is Kaylee but we're gonna call her KK.

So today we go to the pound to go pick her up. My brother and his girlfriend decided to come over and watch our kids just to make it a little easier on us.

(This is what she looks like)

So Meghan and I went to the pound to go pick her up and she was to freaking excited to come home to a new family

"We're home!!!"
Meghan and I said at the same time.

"Mama! Dada!!" Charlotte and Michael said running to the front door. And KK started attacking them with kisses and the babies just sat there giggling and enjoying the new puppy.

We brought her out to the back yard with the kids so we could all play with each other.

While we were all playing I started up the grill and started cooking bbq stuff.

-----

Hours passed and Charlotte & Michael were passed out while cuddling KK.

We picked them up and took them to there room and put them in bed.

After we did that KK followed us around into our room and laid down on her little bed we got for her.

Meghan and I changed right away and got to bed right away.

-----

*The next day*

Meghan's POV

I woke up to someone crying. Of course.

And I walked in to see that Charlotte had gotten sick, and also cause she hasn't really been feeling well.

I called Charlie into the room so he could go clean her up. While Charlie was doing that I took all of her bedding and threw it in the wash and then went to the bathroom to go help Charlie clean up Charlotte.

-----

The passed on and Charlotte is super sick. She has a fever of 102.3 and that's a high fever and she's burning up. She will not stop puking, crying and complaining.

So Charlie and I decided to take her to the hospital. We just ended up taking both kids just so then we wouldn't have to wait for mine or Charlie's siblings to show up.

After about 2 hours of waiting and the doctors taking tests they came back saying they have some really devastating news.

"Well Mr. & Mrs. Puth the test results have came back in and we found out that she has 1 sickness that can be gone in about a day or 2. But that's the good news...." He paused before he started talking again.

"We found cancer in her brain"

I just started crying my eyes out. I can't believe my baby has cancer.

"I'll give you guys a moment" the doctor said and left.

"I can't believe it Charlie, our baby has cancer" I just leaned on Charlie and just started sobbing.

"I know baby, we just gotta push through to make sure it doesn't spread through anywhere else and make sure she can fight her battle."
Charlie said and I nodded my head knowing he was right.

Right as I was about to start talking again the Charlotte's heart monitor started to slow down rapidly fast.

"Oh. My. God. OH MY GOD! DOCTOR?!" I yelled standing up running out of the room.

The doctors came running in and doing all they could. Charlie pulled me and Michael out of Charlottes room so we didn't have watch any of what was happening.

-----

"Mr. & Mrs. Puth" the doctor called us in.

"Well we seem to have your daughters heart beat under control"
The doctor told us.

I just hugged him in relief knowing that my baby is ok.

Charlie and I stayed they're all night long and we had Ryan pick up Michael.

-----

*2 weeks later*

So Charlotte has gone through chemo therapy and all sorts of different treatments to make sure cancer doesn't win.

We have been on and off at the hospital cause she's too young to leave.

And I just hope this just ends one day I just can't bare to loose my baby girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! What did you guys think of this? Do u like it or should I do something different? Comment and let me know!

Don't forget to comment/vote on what you thought or if you think I should do something different...just let me know

#doubleupdate

-Hannah❤️