Chapter 3 - [Jerk]

[[You]]

[[You]]

Stupid, jerk, crazy asshole, Urgh! I could not help but to curse him in my head the whole way back from my campus. I sure am not excited to step in my apartment building. My watch says 7:20. I end up doing my homework until the evening because I don't fancy doing it at home. He said his place at 8, which means I still have time to change my clothes back in my apartment. I mean, he won't starve to death if I'm a bit late, right?

I got in my apartment and am immediately greeted by the smell of my mom's cooking. Shit, my parent's home. "Welcome home y/n" my mom smiled behind the kitchen counter. I walked to her, "Are you making Kimchi Jigae?" I licked my lips, drooling at the sight of her chopping some kimchi. "Yeah, I have been craving for some, and I know it's your favorite, so I thought why not make it today." My mom giggled. Oh no, what am I going to say to her. I walked away from her and into my room. I changed into a more comfortable outfit, a plain loose t-shirt, and half leg sweatpants. I glanced at the clock above my bed, 7:40. Maybe I should just hurry up and eat the Kimchi Jigae before heading to his place. He only lives across  my door anyway. I quickly agree with my own decision and decide to hurry as I cautiously gulp down the Soup. I finished my food and the time now is 7:55. 5 more minutes?! I sighed. I rushed to my room, grabbing my phone and to the door. "Where are you going at this time y/n?" my mom asked while doing the dishes.

"I uh... Wanna walk to grab some fresh air." I immediately walked out the door, before my mom would ask more questions.

I run to Taehyung's apartment door and ring his doorbell. In a moment, I heard the door clicked and there he is opening the door for me, with his hair looking like a bird's nest as always. He let me in and closed the door. "You're late." He said sternly as he sat at his eating table. I glanced at his clock, 8:01. "It's only by 1 minute?"

"And I said at 8, Sharp." He eyed me up and down, "you even have time to change."

I rolled my eyes, trying to restrain myself from saying anything I'll regret. "So, where's the kitten?" I said as I looked around his apartment.

"I'll tell you after you cook. I need to know how good you are first." He smirks, raising an eyebrow.

"Why isn't your father here to cook for you?"

His smirk turned into a straight line. "He's never home."

Of course. Damn, why did I even ask him that question.

He starts to tap his fingers on the table, and his smile returns, "Cook me some Kimchi Jigae."

But I just ate that a while ago. I should have just asked my mom to pack some and I could save myself from being a bad cook. I could not go back now, or my mom will drown me with questions, and I might end up getting scolded at. 

What have I gotten myself into

"Alright!" I literally pretend to roll up my nonexistent sleeves and tied back my hair into a ponytail. "You will be amazed by my incredible cooking skills." I am determined to actually show him my skills. Well, I might be lying if I say I'm the best cook, but Kimchi Jigae is one of the easiest dishes to cook, sure enough, I am able to make it... maybe.