Chapter 20 - [Metanoia]

Metanoia [met-uh-noi-uh] Noun: The Journey of changing one's mind, heart, self or way of life

_____________________________________________________

[[You]]

My heart is beating so fast because of what Taehyung said. Boyfriend? Taehyung out of all people want to be my boyfriend? I always thought he hated me. Hold up. This could be all a prank and I would not know it. Well, he has been really nice to me lately, so I highly doubt that. Then what about Nana? My chest tightens. Isn't she his girlfriend. 

Right, I better ask him first.

"Then, how about Nana...?" I mutter. The question sounds better inside my mind than when I said it out loud.

"Na...na?" Taehyung ask confused

"Yes... I didn't mean to eavesdrop you last time when you call her. Isn't she your girlfriend?" I turn my gaze away to the ground. This is so embarrassing. I could listen to Taehyung snickering in front of me and he burst into fits of laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask him, not sure why he is laughing. What is so funny about that question?

"You really want to know who Nana is?" He asks me in between laughs.

"Yeah." I furrow my eyebrows and crosses my arms. "Well?"

"You are so funny." He tells me, still sniffling a laugh.

"Fine, don't tell me. But I am not going to wait all night for you to stop laughing like an idiot." I complain and walk away, but he automatically steps in front of me, blocking my way.

"Okay, Okay fine, I'll tell you." he takes a deep breath. Holding his laughter. "Nana..." He huffs.

"She is my Grandma." He burst out laughing again. What? Grandma? Is he lying to me?

I gaped at him. Feeling so much more embarrassed. "I-I Have no idea." I stutter.

"Of course you don't. You should have just asked me before you assume that Nana is my girlfriend." I could see him cringe saying it. My eyes landed at his features, once again my face is heating up, from all the embarrassment. I must have looked like a mess. Taehyung gave me a huge grin, but his eyes soften, and right at that moment, I was deceived into thinking that he actually wants to be my boyfriend. 

"So?" He asks me, breaking my chain of thought.

"So what?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I am way too nervous to look him in the eye but his tone became serious and I could sense his eyes are drilling holes on me. I stand still in silence, not sure what to answer him. He sighs, "I am not going to wait here forever you know?" again, I stayed silent, not uttering any words and he grunts, probably feeling very frustrated. "Nevermind... Forget I even asked." He turns his heel the other way.