Chapter 3.5 - [JimJams]

A/N: I found that most of you are very confused with this chapter

A/N: I found that most of you are very confused with this chapter. So as you advanced through the other chapters, you will notice that there are chapters with .5 That is basically a side story for Jimin and Sojin(y/n's best friend) you can choose to skip through it. But it is an important part of the story. Hope that clears up the confusion. :D

[[Jimin]]

I saw them walking away and my heart clenches from the sight. I should've walked her home. I stared at them until they disappear into the dark street. It is hard to ignore the fact there is a lump in my chest. I decide to call Sojin to see what she is up to. She picks up right after the third ring, "Helllooo?" she answered cheerfully. "Sojin-ah." I huffed in the warm summer air. "What's wrong Jimin?"

"Can I see you?"

"Oh HEY! STOP THAT! Ah... Sorry Jimin, sure do you want to meet? where are yo – HEYY!!"

I pull my phone away from my ears, quite amused that someone like Sojin is able to yell so loudly. Sojin has been helping me with y/n and she is actually a really interesting person to get to know. Despite how she looks, with the glasses and that two twirly hairdo she does all the time. She is actually a pretty hardcore girl. "Sorry Jimin, where are you right now?" she says as she huffs and puffs.

"What was that?" I chuckled "Oh it's my brother he is trying to climb my vanity." She sighed through the phone, "Is it okay if, I take him with me too?"

"Sure, let's meet at the park near your place?"

"Huh? How do you know where I live?" 

"I have my ways Sojin. I'll be there in 10" 

"Creep!" She gasps through the phone.

"Hey! I'm not I swear. You have no idea how easy it is to get someone's address." 

"Are you bragging about your money again?" 

"What? Where did you even get that idea from?" 

"Ah Jimin, you're just easy to read." She let out a chuckle and I join her.

***

I sat at one of the swings, waiting for Sojin to finally come. Not long after I heard footsteps and I know right away that it's her. "What took you so long?" I looked up to see her holding hands with her little brother who is almost as tall as Sojin's waist. He blinks looking at Sojin and me. "Hyung, are you Noona's boyfriend?" he blurted out. Sojin cupped his mouth, "Ya ya ya, Lee young Jae! I told you to behave." I smiled at the little boy that is puckering his lips, pouting. "Do you want this handsome hyung to be your Noona's boyfriend?" I asked the boy jokingly. Sojin's brows furrowed. "What are you doing Jimin? Stop poisoning my little brother with your words."

"I was just asking." I shrugged as I smile widely at the innocent looking boy.

Sojin took a seat on the swing beside me, letting her brother play on the playground. "So what's the problem with y/n?" She asked raising her eyebrow and I look at her amused that she knows that I am about to talk about y/n. "Taehyung took her home today." 

"Huh? Really?"

"She got too drunk and they live across each other. So I let them be." I looked down at my foot. 

"Jimin. Isn't that just excuses?"

"What do you mean?" I looked at Sojin curiously. 

"Well, you could take her home even though Taehyung lives across from her. Right?" She is right I could. but why does it feel weird? 

"Jimin?"

I stood up from the swing, "You know what Sojin? You are right. I could take her home." turning my gaze back to Sojin, feeling determined to win y/n's heart. "Thank you for helping me Sojin, I really owe you a lot." I smile a genuine smile making Sojin giggle.

We waved each other goodbye and went home, my heart felt so much lighter after talking to Sojin.

****

[[Sojin]]

Y/n this y/n that. "Urgh..." I held my pillow to my face, feeling my anger rising. He only needs me for y/n and if he finally gets y/n he would just throw me away as if I was nothing. I grunt and threw the pillow across my room. He is just using me. I know that, but I couldn't help but help him instead. I felt a little uneasy the first time he asked about y/n. I totally didn't mind him using me now, as long as I am able to talk to him and see him smile. Even if his smiles are mostly for y/n, it would all be worth it. I felt a sting in my chest. 

At the same time, a notification pops up on my phone. It's a text from Jimin. My eyes widen as I grabbed my phone excitedly.

Jimin: "Thank you for today! \ (•◡•) /"

Jimin: "Sleep tight and dream about me~! (˘‿˘ʃƪ)"

It's just a mere text, but I could feel tiny butterflies flying inside my stomach. Jimin, what have you done to me. Being friend zoned hurts. I love seeing him happy, but at the same time, I knew best that his smiles are for someone else. 

So close, yet so far...

.

.

.

To be Continued