Prologue

.

.

- Diana Phillips -

.

.

*FLASHBACK*

.

The doctor's eyes stare back at mine with a rare glare. The glare I haven't received since my mother's sickness took over her life.

It was that glare where you just know that somebody actually cared about you.

It was solicitous, showing much concern. Showing enough worry to make a person feel loved for once.

The doctor didn't look away one second as she talked in a low voice to my step-dad.

Her eyes were dead serious as I saw her speak.

I could see my step dad shake his head, lowering it in a sad action.

This couldn't be good at all from what I could see.

-

-

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with cancer. Yet I overcame it about half a year ago. And now I'm back at the hospital, begging to my sweet God for another chance.

But by the way I saw things now, I knew I wasn't expecting good news.

I could see the anxiety strike in my step dad's soft eyes. I could see how he stopped tapping his foot against the wooden hospital floors.

You know I once heard that God only puts obstacles in one's life because he knows we can overcome them. Otherwise, he wouldn't have put the obstacles there in the first place.

He was testing us, I always tell myself.

Although God only knows what he has planned for me.

I have to live life to its fullest. Live like there's no tomorrow.

I watch my doctor walk toward me. My stomach feeling qualm and uneasy.

"Diana," she half said, half whispered.

I look down at the white bed sheets, expecting the words that gave me shivers and nightmares, but they didn't come as expected.

"Darling, you'll be okay," she said instead. My stomach dropped, my fingers letting go of the tension.

Closing my eyes, I breathed out in some sort of relief as I was about to speak up.

It wasn't the same anymore after these four words.

I met eyes with her deep brown ones as I watched them water up.

.

I wanted to jump off the hospital bed and hug the doctor, but her words distracted me.

"Cancer is just like us kiddo. It doesn't like being left alone."

My eyes out of nowhere became blurry. I knew the next lines too well to miss them.

"You've been diagnosed with cancer--stage 2 leukemia to be precise.."

Although I didn't get to see her expression because of my crying, I felt her warm embrace welcome me.

Though the last thing I'd feel was welcome.

God was testing me.

"We'll make you better, sweetheart.. W-we'll try everything we can. But just know, you have to live life normally. Don't let cancer bring you down. Alright?' She spoke slowly to me, setting a hand on top of mine.

I sniffled looking down. "I believe in miracles." I whispered, the doctor smiling.

"That's the spirit."

.

.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

.

.

_______________________

A/N:

.

.

That's the start of the new fanfiction :D

Jennie and I wrote this together (although she wrote most of the majority.)

Sooo please do not copy! Especially our own original characters!

We worked hard to set this whole thing up, and we wouldn't want other people taking credit for it!

Thank you Little Mustaches and the Britty Bummers :)

.

.

.

.

.

- LostInNeverland_ xx and BritishBums x