Chapter 12

- Diana -

.

"So what's a good place for lunch around here?'' Luke asks.

"Woops, I call shotgun!" Calum exclaimed as he raced to the car with Ashton. Michael began to bicker with the both of them on who wanted to ride the front seat as I chuckle, me and Luke walking towards the car I previously drove to.. The hospital.

"Umm." I pondered. "We could grab some burgers at this place that--"

"Burgers sound really good right now.'' He nods heavily, as I smile.

Running a hand through my wet, blonde hair I get into the driver's seat.

"Okay, so.. Um what should I do about that." I motion at how the three of them were arguing about who would get the passenger seat.

"Mates, just settle it and one of you sit down in the passenger seat!" Luke snaps them out easily as I smile at him, mouthing a thank you.

"Me. I'll sit in the passenger seat." Ashton says.

"Aw come on I--"

"Here, how about you sit for the ride there, and one of you can trade off." I suggest. I'm quite surprised at my sudden confidence to speak up. They all seemed surprised too.

"It's gotta be favoritism, huh Diana? I see how it is. You know, I'm so crushed." Calum fakes hurt as he pretends to cry, Michael laughing at him.

I just smile, shaking my head.

The three sit at the back and Ashton sits up front with me. Well one thing I learned, it takes about five minutes to get these boys into a car and going.

"Where are we going?" Ashton asks excitedly, obviously hungry too.

Smiling, I drive down the street, as I think hard about the name of the restaurant. "Um, In n Out. It's this really great burger place. Have you guys been there?"

"No. Well, yeah no. We've only been to a few restaurants here in America." Michael spoke up.

I haven't really talked to him, which makes it quite different at the moment, but I glance at him and nodded.

Grinning, my eyes lit up. "You guys will absolutely love it."

"Red light," Calum pointed, as I gasped, stomping on the brakes, making all of us lurch forward.

"Oh my goodness, forgive me! I'm so sorry, I didn't see that."

"That's okay, running a red light isn't so bad." Luke chuckled, as I sighed, my fingers nervously gripping the wheel. "But the bad thing being, you don't have a license or a permit."

"Yeah, sounds worse than it seems." I pointed, looking at Luke from the rear view mirror. As his smile grew, I noticed he had a dimple.

"Isn't this illegal?" Michael pointed, me about to respond before he finishes his sentence. "Wow, I never knew you'd be this bad Diana." He laughs, as I debate with myself, asking if that was a compliment or an insult.

"He's being nice." Ashton leans slightly closer to whisper in my ear.

Nodding, I smile.

.

During the car ride, they seemed to look around the car, seeing the rosary that was hung on the rear view mirror, along with all the prayer cards sticked onto the dashboard.

"What's this?" Luke asks, reaching for the folded piece of paper in between both seats as my eyes widened.

I just remembered that I had them with me when I was going to the doctor's as I clear my throat.