Chapter 18

- Diana -

.

The next morning, I was finally free to go home. But I didn't know what was I supposed to do around the boys.. Along with Belle.

I just wished they wouldn't act so different around me.. I wouldn't want everything changing through sympathy, I want it to be true. Something that I can believe.

"Diana." My dad says softly, looking over at me. He had insisted on driving me home by himself, as I sighed.

"I'm okay, daddy."

"No, no you aren't. My baby girl's sick. And she isn't okay." His voice shook.

"I'm holding on, dad. I really am." I smiled weakly. "I just want to be happy.. And.. They make me happy." I assumed he knew what I was talking about.

"All I ever wanted, was for you to be happy."

"Then let me." I whispered, looking out the window as the wind flowed freely. I almost wished that I was the wind.. I could go anywhere I want.

There was a short silence, before he nods once. "If.. If he makes you happy, then I'll give you that. I'll let you be with that boy."

I pulled a small smile, as I slightly fiddle with the sleeves of my sweater.

.

.

The five boys, said nothing. I was actually thankful, because once again.. I didn't want them being any different just because they found out about my sickness. I didn't want it that way.

I decided to go to the library room down the spiral staircase and just drown in books I haven't read yet.. Maybe tonight I can sneak a bit of time to myself to find some new constellations in the sky. I heard it would be a clear sky tonight. I needed that. Without anyone knowing of course, dad wouldn't want to know about me out at the middle of the night.

I picked out a stack of about six books, setting them down on the coffee table as I sat in the chair.

Opening the first one, I let out a sigh. Chapter one.

I didn't even get through one paragraph, before I heard someone come down the stairs. Actually quite a few people.

Blinking, I stared in disbelief at who I saw.

Harry and Liam?..

"Could I help you with something?" I questioned, tilting my head.

"Yeah, actually.." Liam gulped. "Diana, we wanted to talk to you." He nudged Harry, as he sighed.

"We do." Harry cleared his throat, nodding once.

"If you were told by Belle to come down here and apologize to me.. You don't have to." I shook my head. "Now if you please, I'm trying to discover new books."

"No, she didn't tell us to. We.. We came down here and it was our decision. I swear it." Liam seemed so desperate just to talk.

I look at the both of them. I wasn't used to talking to them.. And whenever I did, they would just pick on me constantly.

"What is it?" I whispered, avoiding eye contact, as I flipped the page.

They both made their way towards me, sitting in the seat in front of me.

"I've.. I've known you, for two years now. And, I-I never bothered to get to know you, because I thought I already did. Belle told me literally one sentence about you, and I just assumed you were that. You were the secluded girl who didn't care about anything but her faith. But the only reason you were so close to God.. And so far away from us, was because you lost your mum. Now, you're slowly fading from life too.. I.. I am truly sorry. I am so sorry, Diana." Harry spoke slowly, as he takes his lower lip in between his teeth to keep from tears. He really was, on the verge of tears once I got a look at him. His green eyes glistened from the tears about to spill.