Chapter 23

.

- Luke -

.

"We're taking her to a concert." Ashton says, smiling.

"What?"

"It was on her list."

My eyes lit up at the mention, I thought it was cute that she hasn't been to a concert at all.

"Really, what band?"

"She has a really good music taste aside from Gospel though." Ashton says as the other boys look at him. "Her list said she wanted to go to a The 1975 concert."

''Really? Oh my god that's so cool, we have to take her." Michael nods.

"Harry knows them pretty well, maybe he could get us to go for free, and let Diana meet the band or something."

"Genius." Ashton pointed at me as I chuckled, shrugging.

We all silenced when Diana was heading down the stairs.

"Off to a doctor check up.'' She simply says, but she looked so tired.

"Ash could drive you." I suggest, but she lightly shakes her head.

"I'm alright, but thank you."

"I could come." I smiled.

"Luke, that's really nice, but this will just be quick, I promise. It's just to see how I'm doing." Diana reassured, but the look in her eyes told me she was lying.

I could easily tell she was telling herself to not lie, but it seemed to just happen, that she couldn't control it.

Letting her go, I nod once.

She rushes over to me, as I lean in and peck her on the lips.

"Bye." Diana quietly says, her blue eyes looking into mine once more before she had left.

Harry was heading for the front door with Annabelle as well, as I stopped him.

"Hey, Harry?''

"Yeah?" He turns around, looking at me questioningly.

"Is it alright, if we could ask you for a favor?

"

"Of course, anything." Harry shrugs, dropping Belle's hand and coming over to us.

.

.

.

"Yeah, hey Matt." Harry was talking on the phone.

"Speaker!" Ashton whispered loudly as he nods, obeying.

"So yeah, you guys are here in LA this week, right? Playing on Friday?"

Today was Wednesday.

Matt Healy was on the other line, wow. This was cool.

"Yeah, the thing is my girlfriend's half sister is a huge fan of you guys, and she really wants to see you guys live. We were thinking, if we could come and swing by on Friday, for a free pass, that would be brilliant." Harry ran a hand through his curls as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah. Yeah, that would be alright." Matt says, as I grinned. "It would be cool to see you guys there. So who is she?"

"Actually, she's Luke's girlfriend."

God, that sounded so.. Beautiful, coming froming someone else's point of view.

I, am Luke. I'm her, boyfriend. I felt butterflies errupt in my stomach as I smile widely at the thought. She was mine, and I was hers.

"Oh wow, really?" Matt sounded surprised. "Tell me more, I'm curious."

.

.

"That's tragic."

We were still speaking to Matt on the phone, as I sighed.

"Yeah." Harry agreed.

"Cancer honestly sucks. It should never be a reason to stop a person's life." He sounded quite sad on the other line.

''She's such a really nice person. She would be so happy to meet you." I pursed my lips, as Michael pats me on the back comfortingly.

.

****

- Diana -

.

My doctor hugs me as soon as she finds me as I smile at her in response.

"How are you feeling?"

"Alright." I nod slowly, but it was a lie. I felt worse each night that passed. I felt light headed almost every minute, until it would finally stop and I'd feel normal for a few more minutes again. Although the medicine for my head really helped, I guess the pain in my body lessened.

I didn't want the boys worrying any further.. Especially Luke. The news already hurt them enough, the last thing they all needed was another thing to worry about, and it was me getting weaker.

I was lead to a room where I sat down on the hospital bed as she smiled weakly.

"I'm just going to give you a few shots.. They're going to help with the pain, that's all. It should stay for a few days, but just keep taking your medicine and the pain should lessen." She reassured, as she held a pointy needle filled with some sort of liquid as I stared at it.

I feared needles badly.. They made me feel afraid of what was going to actually be in my body even more.

"So what makes you happy?" She purposely asks me while the needle neared my arm.

I closed my eyes, looking away.

"This boy.. I know, it sounds completely normal for a girl to say that, but.. It's different for me, because a boy never made me this happy before." I murmered, as I felt the needle seep deeper into my skin.

"A boy huh?" I could hear the smile in her voice as I nodded.

I felt the needle withdraw, as I let a breath out.

"One more.'' She tells me, with a small glance.

"O-okay." I stuttered.

"Tell me more about him, sweetheart."

Nodding, I look up at the ceiling.

"Well, his name is Luke. And oh my goodness, he's really tall."

She laughs, making me smile as well, the pain of the needle no longer there.

.

.

____________________________

.

A/N:

THIS WAS A FILLER OMG SORRY BUT MORE TO COME, I PROMISE! ♡

AND THE 1975 WAS IN HERE ON PURPOSE BC AHDKSJDK I LOVE THEM AND SO DOES DIANA IN HERE LOL :)

SOOOO IF Y'ALL LIKE THEM YOU SHOULD FOLLOW MY PAGE ON INSTAGRAM (YES I KNOW I HAVE SO MANY OMG) BUT ITS @its.the1975 !

GET IT TO 400 FOLLOWERS PLEASEEEE GOIS

MATT HEALY IS BAE OK BYE

.

- BritishBums xox