Chapter 19

.

- Diana -

.

July fourth.

How did time go by so fast once again? After I kissed Luke, it seemed that things for me.. Were finally changing for the good. I felt suddenly better about myself, not like I've thought any differently before though.

But.. This was different. I've never actually been in love  with someone like this before.

He knew he could trust me, and me with him. That's why we got along so well.

If I compared this summer from last summer, I would have to say that I've experienced life at a more higher level than how I did last summer.

Today, we would be watching fireworks, and I was so excited.. Watching fireworks for the first time was number fourty six on my list.

The day of American independence. This was exciting. Last year, I stayed in my room for July fourth while everyone partied, including Belle. Instead, I read American classics all night. Books like To Kill A Mockingbird, Shakespeare, and more. That night was also the night Belle came home completely drunken.

I helped her the entire night, though she might've been a tiny bit immature and completely irresponsible.

Humming a song I've heard from church, I look through my window just watching the trees.

"Dianaaa." Ashton called from behind my door.

"Come in," I say, twirling around, about to run for the door before he opens it himself.

That makes me clumsily run into him, as I laugh, playfully smacking him on the top of his head.

"Watch out." He chuckled. "You're jumpy today, aren't you.. What's up?"

"Well today's the fourth of July." I beamed.

"I'm an aussie, I wouldn't know anything about that.'' He shrugged jokingly making me groan.

"Well it's a day where us Americans gained our freedom and our rights as people. Isn't that amazing?"

"Yeah, I guess." He smiled. "And I knew that."

"Yeah, sure you did." I giggle, shaking my head.

He said something under his breath, as I pull him by the wrist over to my drawers.

Finding my wish list, I look through it, and point to the one that might come true today.

"Fireworks huh.'' He smiled, but the look on his face told me other wise.

"Yeah.." My voice trailed, as I look at him suspiciously.

"What?" He shrugged, whining.

"Nothing you just look like you're hiding something."

"Well, it's kind of a surprise?.." It came out as a question.

"Now I'm curious." I frowned.

"Well you'll have to wait!"

"But--"

"Diana.''

"Ashton." I pouted.

.

.

- Luke -

.

"Ash, you're positive that her wishlist said that." I raise my eyebrows.

"Positively sure! She wouldn't reject you. She said it herself, she was too far in to pull back anymore."

"I haven't done this in awhile.. I don't know, I'll screw up." I breathed out.

"Dude. She'll love it." Calum reassured.

I was so nervous. All I was going to do was ask her to go steady with me.

It was on her wishlist, a relationship.

Gosh, I just.. I wish I was relationship material. Was I?..

.

.

A/N:

Sorry, shame on me for such a short chapter omfg. I'll be updating this soon as in really soon so hang in there my bootiful readers :)

GUYS, READ MY NEW LUKE FANFIC! I PUBLISHED IT ON HIS BIRTHDAY WHICH MAKES IT INTERESTING BC ITS CALLED 17 AGAIN, AND IS BASED ON THE MOVIE OMF

I'm excited for it, and I think its off to a good start! So if you maybe wanna read it.. Just scroll down on my profile (BritishBums) or type in 17 Again in the search box hehe ♡

thanks guys, WATCH OUT FOR CHAPTER 20

.

- BritishBums xox