Chapter 9

.

.

- Diana -

.

I was sat outside on the porch, just listening to the nature around me. It somehow soothed me, and made me feel much more connected around things people usually don't notice on a daily basis.

Like the willow tree that was slightly slumping over time, and now is dying in this summer heat. That tree, went through a lot, maybe just like a person would. As the seasons change, the tree loses its leaves, and next thing you know it looks lifeless.

Finally, in the winter, this tree loses its life.

I am a willow tree.

I, Diana Phillips, is a tree itself.

Next thing you know, I'll soon be that tree, in it's place..

Slightly kicking at the dirt with my feet, I was humming a church song that I've been listening to.

"Hey Ashton, is th--Oh."

Turning around, it was Calum.

"Sorry, um.. I'm not Ashton." I whispered, him nodding once.

"Yeah, um have you seen him?"

I lightly shook my head. "Sorry, I apologize. I've never really spoke to you at all."

"No, no. It's fine I promise." I pulled a small smile. "Diana."

"Calum." He slightly waves, as if shy. "Sorry, I um.. I'm not even supposed to be talking to you."

"Jesus was once a human being pressured by others, being tricked. You shouldn't let that happen, Calum is it? If you're born to stand out, then you shouldn't be afraid." I slightly smiled.

"That's deep." Was all he said, tilting his head. "Well, I'm gonna go. I just.. I'm sorry. I don't mean any harm, I'm not a bully at all. I'm sorry.'' He mumbled, looking at me with sad eyes.

"It's okay." I nodded, my hands behind my back as I pulled a small smile.

He didn't really know what to do after that, so he just left.

Sighing, I smiled. There was always a good in people.. No one just ever bothered to look for it. And of course some people were just afraid to see it.

Like how the people around me never bothered to get to know me..At all.

I wished people weren't so ignorant. Then maybe things would be slightly easier.

But obstacles in life can always be overcame.. Even if it's a battle with cancer.

.

That day, I left to go visit the hospital for a check up.

I was doing okay so far, there wasn't anything I worried about. Life was good.

As I walked into the hospital, I took the elevator to the fourth floor, which was my floor. The floor for the cancer patients, all types of cancer actually. I was just one in the many who was diagnosed with leukemia.

I literally spotted my doctor as soon as I stepped off the elevator as she smiles at me, walking over to me.

"How're you feeling, Diana?"

"Great. Good, actually." I nodded, pulling a small smile.

"You planning on doing something for the summer? You've got to enjoy it."

"Yeah.." I spoke softly. 

"Going anywhere?" She asks again, me shrugging in thought.

"Well there's this boy.. Actually, boys. My sister's boyfriend is in a band, and that band has friends who are also in a band. And, they're quite interesting. I've met my sister's boyfriend and her bandmates, just not the others, but.. They're interesting. One is actually trying to be friends with me, that's really different." I rambled on, pursing my lips in the end since I felt that I talked to much.