Chapter 8

.

.

- Ashton -

.

I watch Diana whisper to the taxi driver, as he nodded simply as she sunk back into her seat.

"So where are we going?" I asked curiously.

She said nothing. "Maybe you deserve to know the truth about me."

That was all she said, as she stared out the window.

.

.

.

"Okay, well keep you're eyes closed." She tells me, her hand behind my arm just so she could lead me to wherever we were going.

"Woah!" I exclaimed, as I hear birds chirping and trees rustling.

"It's okay!" She hushed me, as we still continue to walk.

"I hope you aren't going to dump me into a river or something."

"Why would I do something so corrupted?"

I couldn't really tell if she was speaking with sarcasm or she was just speaking seriously.

"Alright, open your eyes."

My eyes slowly fluttered open, as I looked around me.

It was a cemetary.

"Why are.." My voice trailed questioningly, but as I looked down at the grave in front of me..

Thw words Jenny Benson were engraved on the grey colored stone.

"Benson?" I asked, looking at her.

"My mom.'' She whispered.

We both ended up sitting on the grass in front of the grave as the cool wind felt nice on my skin.

"So.. I'm Diana Benson, but.. I was adopted so I go by Diana Phillips now."

"No one was left from your family?" Sadly looking at her, she didn't look at all sad.

"I guess cancer just runs in the family.."

"What do you mean?" I shook my head.

There was a silence, as she looked down at her hands. "I never really.. Told anyone, how my mother died, except for Annabelle and dad."

Nodding once, my heart just sunk at the thought of her own mother and family being gone--there was no one else to take her in..Obviously except for putting her into an an orphanage and getting adopted.

.

.

- Diana -

"My mom had cancer in the brain, known as brain tumor." I muttered, the thoughts of those horrid and dark days coming back to mind.

But to God, it was another angel coming into heaven.

"I-I.. Was only 8 years old when I found out about it, and I remembered watching her cry so hard, the doctor, hugging her. But still, she sent me a look of happiness, a smile on her face even though tears filled her eyes. I had no idea what was happening at such a young age, only confusion ever got to me.. A-and so I smiled back."

I felt the tears threaten to spill once again, before Ashton's hand made its way on top of my cold and slightly pale one. "You don't have to continue, Diana if you can't.. I'm so sorry." He spoke truly, almost in devastation at the unfortunate events occuring in my life.