Chapter 13

.

- Diana -

.

Days passed. I hadn't had an idea of how many, but I felt as if it was years, maybe centuries seeing that they really did drag on. I felt weaker, but I remained stronger. Annabelle found out.. About my last days. It was so hard to tell her, especially dad. Who would want to hear about their own daughter going so soon? If it was me, I wouldn't want to hear it.. But I was so sorry. 

It was too late, and I had stopped for a long time. I didn't want to turn away from God.

I agreed to taking some sort of medicine that would lessen the pain and put me back onto a daily basis, but still it didn't change anything..

Annabelle was crying the night I told her, she told me that she would do anything to change the way all the boys were treating me and that she was sorry for everything.

I forgave her, because I knew it was the right thing to do. It was better like this. Peaceful. I haven't really spoke to my sister's boyfriend and his bandmates, really.. Seeing that I saw them last summer as well. I just.. They were kind of used to me already, that was the thing.

I had two months. By the end of August.

Smiling as I felt the wind rush through my hair, I sighed.

Luke and I.. Well, we didn't act any different. What he said to me hadn't changed a thing, we still spoke..

Ashton and I were starting to grow closer than friends.. We became best friends. I never knew I'd have one of those, ever.. But now I do. I'm proud to say he's my best friend. He understands me like no other, and I felt that I wanted to show him my wishes.. Because I knew I could trust him.

I checked my calendar for the date, yawning. It was eight in the morning and I woke up way too early. Not like it made a difference. I loved to wake up early because I could see the sunrise and how the sky looked so beautiful as it did.

It was June 20th.

Two weeks has passed. It felt like days.. Everything was so confusing. Still, the boys hadn't known a thing.. Annabelle hasn't told them the reason behind why she wanted them to actually respect me. It was just.. Hard news.

Now that they were friends though.. I had no choice but to tell the four boys, myself. Especially Luke and Ashton.

Deciding to head down for breakfast I was stopped by a sound of someone singing. Stopping in the middle of the staircase, I hesitantly head back up to go see.

Quietly walking down the hall and following the sound, I rub at my eyes sleepily.

Leaning on the doorframe, Luke was in the lounge humming a tune and playing on the guitar as he jot some words down.

"Morning." I spoke, smiling.

"Oh." He shuffles around with the papers, sweeping them into his shirt in attempt to hide them as I look at him weirdly, giggling.

"You sound really good, whatever it was." I smiled.

"Oh I was humming." He sounded nervous. "Did you hear anything else? I didn't know anyone would be awake." He muttered, running a hand through his hair as he adjusts his tank.

"No, I just passed by. What was it?" I asked, making my way over to him, and sitting down next to Luke on the couch.

"Nothing. Just something I've been working on. Nothing special."

"Wow." I nod slowly. "You think you could sing for me?"

He blushed at the thought, smiling down at the floor.