Chapter 10

- Diana -

.

By the time I got home, I attempted to quietly close the door, before a voice startled me.

"Hey."

Slightly jumping at the voice, I let out a breath of relief, to see it was just Luke.

"Where are the other boys?" I asked. "Like, my sister's british boyfriend, her bandmates.."

"All went out, doing their own things." Luke replies. "Where were you? We were actually worried."

"You don't have to worry about me.." My voice trailed, as I shrugged. "I'm okay. I just needed some air so I took my dad's car out for a little drive."

"You drive?"

"Well.. Not well." I admitted, sighing. "I don't even have a permit." As I whispered, he chuckled.

"That's okay. We all lie sometimes."

"But this is just awful. I don't even entirely know how to drive, I mean.. My dad only ever let me drive once in a mall parking lot and that was it."

"Did you crash?" He asks.

"Nope."

"Then you're all good."

"I don't trust myself. Is that bad?" I asked, clueless.

"Not really. I don't trust myself either.. I guess it's just the way you cope with things, really."

Humming in response, I nodded. But then I looked at him with a confused expression on my face. "Why are you talking to me?.."

"Well it isn't a crime.." His voice trails, smirking as he shrugged. "Hey, and I'm really sorry about what happened back at church. I really didn't mean to disappoint you like that."

"Oh. Well." I whispered. "You are forgiven."

He smiled.

.

- Luke -

"You're always so positive and so nice to people..Even though they treat you the opposite." I pointed in wonder, as she purses her lips, avoiding any sort of eye contact. "How do you even manage to do that?"

"I.." She couldn't continue her sentence. "Luke, I have my reasons. I know that I can be a better person without picking a fight. And I know I can be a better person, just by focusing on my faith in general. Luke, it is so easy when you see the world, with a pair of brand new eyes."

"Brand new eyes?"

"Our eyes now, barely see what is in the world. All people seem to focus on is making it through. But what I'm saying, is that you have to stop and actually feel the breeze, and how the wind moves through for you. How everything around you, helps you in a way. Just like how the concrete is there to help you take steps. And many more things, Luke. That what you see with brand new eyes, compared to how you see the world in black and white." Diana sighs.

"The world isn't black and white.. I have everything I need right now. Fans supporting me and the band, and--"

"Well maybe it isn't just everything." Diana cuts me off, slowly shrugging. "It takes curiosity to find out.. Break out from being labelled by the world, too. If you want to live instead of exist, you should take risks. It's all about what--"

I sighed, shaking my head. "But.. What if I feel that I don't need to do that? That I don't need to move further?"

"There will always be more, Luke. You just have to wait and see." She pulled a small smile, about to walk away.