5

Elliot's bike

~~~

Zayn and I had been playing Diablo for about 2 hours before my dad and Wyatt walked in. I heard them talking downstairs and I know what it was about but I didn't want to hear it.

"Now before you say anything, I don't want to hear it. Yes I'm fine, no I don't need anything, no we aren't moving, and no thank you for the lecture you want to but your not going to give me, and yes in sure," I stated keeping my eyes on my TV while killing all my enemies on Diablo.

"Ooh Sanders watch your left," Zayn warned.

"Yaya. Watch your back!" I scolded.

"I know, I know! For yell at me."

"But it's fun," I whined.

"Maybe for you," he retorted.

I laughed at him and paused the game was we finished the fight. I turned and looked at Wyatt and my dad. "Why are you so still standing there?"

"I think they're in shock over your statement a bit ago," Zayn suggested.

We shrugged and went back to the game. Wyatt and my dad walked out.

~~~

I still had to go to school the next day even though my stomach and knee hurt like hell. I sucked it up and got outa bed. I pulled on some sweat pants and a hoodie, plugged in my earbuds, and walked out of my room.

I walked into the kitchen looking and feeling like crap. "Woah! Who peed in your cereal?" Zayn asked.

"Not in the mood Smith. My knee and stomach hurt like hell and my head is pounding again. I can't even eat without my cheek stinging from the movement and my stomach feeling like it's the one that got stabbed. The bruise is that bad," I answered honestly.

  "Aaahh," he understood, "why don't you stay home then?"

  "Because 1) I've been in much worse pain, my period cramps hurt more than this and 2) how would it look for the new girl to miss her second day of school?" I raised my eyebrows in question and poured some cereal.

  "Well first TMI and second I see your point but still." He shrugged. "You wanna ride?"

  "Nah I'm taking my bike."

  "You sure?"

  I nodded, "plus that way if anything happens I can get away quickly without having to bother you or steal your keys."

  "Hmm makes sense."

  "Doesn't it."

"Ok this just clicked. You have a bike?"

"Ya it's in the garage."

"That's yours?!"

I arched an eyebrow an nodded. "You sound shocked?"

"More of astonished."

"Wow what a big word. Have you been using a dictionary?"

"Always keep one with me," he smirked.

"You go. Keep working and maybe you'll be able to graduate high school on time!"

He flipped me off and I laughed. "So why are you so shocked that I ride?"

"I didn't take you as the type."

"Maybe you should read some Dr. Seuss instead of a dictionary. Life lessons." I sighed.

"What?"

"Don't judge a book by it's cover Zayn. Just don't do it."

"Ah, oh well. Alright, I'm leaving."

"See ya Zayn."

He grabbed his keys and walked out.

I finished eating and decided that I didn't want to wear a hoodie and sweatpants anymore. So I went and changed into a black tee, leather jacket, dark ripped jeans, and combat boots.

I just finished tying my boots when my phone went off. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was my dad.

"Hey," I answered.

"Hey Ell. Question. Have you seen my debit card?"

"Did you check behind the food card?"

"Yes."

"ID?"

"No," I heard some rustling around, "found it. Thanks Elliot."

"No problem dad."

I rolled my eyes, chuckled, and hung up. I brushed my hair into a high ponytail and grabbed my shades.

I walked downstairs and out front. I opened the garage from the front and went over to my bike. I pushed it out and closed the garage.

I drove off to school and felt happy. I haven't been on my bike in awhile and it felt amazing.

~~~

I pulled into a parking space and got off. I heard hoots and hollers coming for all around, specifically the group of football guys but completely ignored them.

I walked into the school and found the guys and, surprising enough, Wyatt.

When I walked up Zayn's jaw dropped and then slowly spread into a grin.

"What?" I asked.

"Look who decided to join the living!" Wyatt exclaimed.

I slugged his arm and he laughed at me even though he had to rub the pain from his arm.

"So you actually got dressed today?" Zayn asked.

"Yo, sweatpants and a hoodie count as dressed. I just decided that I might as well show off my marks while I had them.

"What happened to you?" Drew asked as he walked up.

  "She got in a fight with Mi..." Zayn started.

  "Many people. Really just a group of street rats," I covered up and sent Zayn a look.

  I opened my phone and texted Zayn. 'Dude you can't go around telling people who I got in a fight with. Eyes and ears are everywhere. Only god knows whose listening. Plus Miles has info on me that I don't want to get out. Capeesh?'

  He picked his phone up and answered, 'Capeesh. Sorry I didn't know. I'm still getting used to this secretive stuff. Well your version of it anyway.'

  He winked at me and I rolled my eyes and mumbled a whatever.

  The bell rang and I headed for my locker and then class.

~~~

  After lunch I had to stop by the office for some reason and while I was on my way I bumped into someone.

  Bad part, I fell on my hands and knees and had to hold in a scream from the pain of my knee hitting the concrete.

  I looked up at the person I bumped into, "sorry," I said through gritted teeth.

  The guy looked me over and licked his lips. I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my bicep and held me next to him. "You might wanna watch your step girl. Someone's always watching. Your move," he whispered.

  I stiffened slightly at his words, "tell Miles that he can try all he wants, but it will only be in vain. I will Always be 10 steps ahead and just when he thinks he'll be catching up, I'll be 20 steps ahead. Tell him that if anyone needs to watch his back, it's him." I yanked my arm out of his grasp and walked off.