19

I stormed into the airport and to his gate. His flight left in half an hour which meant they were getting ready to board. I had to hurry.

  I reached his gate and found him sitting in the darkest corner of the waiting chairs. I stood in front of him, "what the hell?!" I half yelled.

  "Elliot," he sounded a little surprised, "I told you not to follow me." He hung his head and avoided eye contact.

  I snorted, "like I'm gonna listen."

  He sighed. "What are you doing Shawn? Why are you leaving? What aren't you telling me?" I pleaded.

  "I...I can't tell you."

  "What? What do you mean you can't tell me?" I seem to be asking that a lot this morning.

  "I... I just can't."

  The flight attendant called his seat area to board the plane. "I'm sorry. I have to go."

  "Shawn I swear to god, if you walk away without telling me what's going on, don't even think about coming back."

  He looked at the boarding area, then at me. He sighed, "I'm sorry. But I have to go," he whispered. He kissed my forehead, "I love you. I always have and I always will." And he walked away.

  I stood there in shock as I watched him board the plane and take off. Once the plane was out of view , I snapped out of my trance.

  I slowly walked back to my bike, dragging my feet on the way. I drove home and plopped down on my bed.

  My dad walked in, "what happened?"

  "He left," my voice was squeaky and I let out a sob, "and you know I told him?"

  My dad looked me in the eye, "I told him that if he boarded the plane, that if he left, he can never come back. I told him to never even give me a second thought." I cried.

  I broke down. For the first time since I thought Shawn died and I put up my barriers, I broke down and cried. I bawled my eyes out. For days I didn't eat, sleep, I turned off my phone so I didn't have to hear it go off every time someone called or texted, I ignored the outside world for almost a week. I barely ate or drank anything, just enough to stay alive.

After awhile Zayn came in, "Elliot get off your ass now!" He turned off my TV and ripped the blanket off me, glaring at me.

I groaned as he opened up my curtains and let light in. "Why?" I whined.

"Because you have been in here for a week! You've barely eaten or slept and you're ignoring the outside world!, "he sighed, "Elliot it's not gonna go away. Not matter how much you want to too it's not just gonna disappear."

"Doesn't mean I can't try," I muttered.

He groaned, "no! Get up, get dressed, and come downstairs! Don't forget to take a shower either." He walked out and left me to decide whether I was going to listen or not.

I groaned as I stood up. I really didn't want to do this but I don't think Zayn is going to give up. So I dragged myself to the bathroom and took a much needed shower. After getting dressed I walked downstairs.

Zayn grinned at me, "what are we doing?" I mumble.

"Going out. Now come on," I followed Zayn outside and to my bike.

He drove to the mansion and immediately I stood a little taller and acted as if nothing was wrong.

I walked into the meeting room and found all the newbies and Jacob in there.

"Boss?! What do you need?" Jacob asked.

I turned to the newbies. It's only been a month since they started but you can see slightly defined muscles showing. Thank god I had done something right!

  "I think today the newbies should get sworn in," I looked at Jacob, "what do you think?"

  "Sounds good. I'll get the boys to set it up." Jacob walked off to get the preparations ready.

"Oh and Jacob?" I call.

"Ya?"

"Don't forget the ink."

"Gotcha."

  "Are you being serious?" Adrien asked with a shocked expression.

"No I'm totally kidding. You all can go home," I said sarcastically.

"Sweet!" He highfived Zack.

Jacob came in a couple minutes later and nodded at me. It was time.

I led the boys down the hallway to the largest room the mansion had. The lights were off and the room was pitch black. I stepped up to the tattoo table and waited for the first guy to come up. As the first guy walked up, candles were lit to show the pathway.

  I had the tattoo artist paint a skull with a black rose underneath it next to the guy's shoulder blades. And the same thing on all the rest of the newbies shoulders.

  After that was finished I had them repeat the oath which I'm not allowed to tell you. It's a secret. Sorry gang stuff. And they were officially sworn into the gang. There's no going back now.