7

Elliot's tattoo above/to the side

~~~

Time to investigate.

I had tons of newspaper clipping, magazine articles, articles off the internet, anything I could get my hands on about Miles Dust and his gang. I had them spread out on a table and was pinning them on a tack board.

I needed to find his headquarters. I then took a map of the town and marked all the places that his gang had striked. There was a pattern. It was a circle. Which means his headquarters was in the middle of this circle. The center of the town.

I finished my work for the night and went to bed. It was 2am. I walked into Zayn's room and checked on him. He was wake as staring at his ceiling while laying on his bed. I walked in and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked.

"How may times have you had to do this?"

"What?" I was shocked at his question.

He sat up and looked me in the eye, "how many times have you had to do this? Track down people with clippings and maps I mean."

"Umm... Well..."

"Elliot."

"A couple...hundred...times," I said just barely above a whisper.

"Couple hundred?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

"In truth I used to be involved with a gang," I answered and rolled up my sleeve to show him my tattoo that I got when it was swore in to the gang.

It was an intricate stemmed black rose with pointy thorns. Under it was the word 'alpha' printed in bold black letters. They letters were twisting and curving and it looked complicated to draw.

"Were you the leader?" He asked.

"Yep I got the word tattooed once I became leader but before that it was just the rose."

"Huh, interesting." He laid back down.

"Ya. Anyways, why do you care? I'm trying to help you and your dad along with my dad and I. Why do you care to ask such questions?" I asked rolling my sleeve back down.

"Maybe I'm just trying to understand you," he said looking at me.

"Aight it's late or early or whatever. Either way I'm tired and we still have to get up for school in about four hours. 'Night."

"G'night Elliot."

I left his room and went to bed.

~~~

It was Friday. Thank god. And I've barely slept the past couple nights, after staying up late Tuesday night to finish my map of where Miles' HQ was.

After only getting a couple hours of sleep the past three nights, I was tired as hell. You could see the bags under my eyes. Today I actually did wear my sweatpants and hoodie. Thankfully it was almost Thanksgiving break. Thank god.

Wyatt saw me first, "eeeesh! What happened to you two?"

"I was studying late," I answered giving him a knowing look that only he wound catch.

"For what?" Drew asked.

"School," I gave him questioning look, "what else would I study for?"

"Right. I don't know," he answered with an awkward smile.

"Ok then. Well it's Friday, we doing anything this weekend?" I asked.

"I was just gonna play video games all weekend. You're more that welcome to join me if you want to," Wason informed me.

"I think I'll take you up on that offer," I said, "anybody else joining?"

"I'm busy," Zayn said.

"With what? Another one night stand?" Jonas teased him.

"No," Zayn punched Jonas' arm.

"Ow! Dude that hurt!"

"That was the point!" Zayn stormed off.

"What was that about?" Drew asked me.

I shrugged, "I dunno."

Everyone looked at me, "what?" I asked.

They nodded their heads in Zayn's direction, "fine. I'll get him."

I ran after Zayn. "Hey," I said once I caught up.

"What'd you want?" He snapped.

"I want to know what's up with you. You wanna tell me?"

"Not really."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Well your very descriptive."

"Not funny."

"Wasn't tryna be."

"What do you want Elliot?"

"I'm pretty sure I already answered that. Now you have to answer my question."

"But I don't want to."

"To bad. Just cuz I've barely slept the past couple nights doesn't mean I'm gonna be any less stubborn."

"Your annoying."

"I'm aware. Now tell me."

He didn't respond.

"Please?" I tried.

"It's just, with you and all your clippings and stuff. They're kinda... worrying...me." He choked out.

"What? Why?"

"Well..." He scratched the back of his head, "because...I may...or may not... like you..." he drew out almost every word.

"Oh," I was shocked. That was the last thing I expected to hear. "Wait so why does it worried you?"

"Because I like you Elliot. I care about you...a lot. And I don't want you to get hurt or in a situation where you could get hurt. I just wouldn't be able to bear it."

I stopped walking. He stopped and looked at me, "you okay?"

"I need some fresh air," I walked away. I left school and went home.

When I got home I change into a black tee, dark jeans with holes in the knees, a black leather jacket, and my favorite pair of shoes-my black leather high top converse. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and walked to the garage.

I got on my bike and drove to my secret place. I found it when I was little. Every time I wanted to be alone I came here. It was peaceful and hidden.

I hid my bike in the bushes and climbed up the hill. I sat on a cliff with my legs dangling and thought about what Zayn had told me.

Why did it have to be me?

Why did he have to like me?

Me? Of all people!

What the hell had my life come to?

I missed Shawn.

Shawn! Why would shawn say?

What would shawn think?

Oh god, shawn.

All these questions were running through me like a tsunami. For once I my life I didn't know what to do.

After sitting there for about an hour I went and found my hidden chest. I kept all my weapons in that thing. I love my chest. And all it's contents.

I stuck two blades into my converse, I put my favorite hand pistol-a black star 54-in the back of my pants waistband, I put two handguns on my side holsters and I put two swords down my back. I happened to have made the swords. I was a pretty skilled blacksmith.

I pulled my hood on so no one would notice the swords and pulled my jacket down over my waist to hide the guns.