24

Elliot's POV

  My eyes fluttered open and I slowly sat up. My head was pounding and my bones were weak. I heard the door open then strong arms took me in a hug. I was instantly comforted by Shawn's gesture.

  "How are you feeling?" He whispered.

  "Better," I snuggled a little closer.

  He chuckled and picked me up bridal style. He walked us out of the meeting room and to my office where he sat down on the couch.

  I got comfortable before asking "why is he here? Didn't he wreck my life enough three years ago?"

  "I dunno baby. But what I can tell you, is that we'll find him and we'll stop him. Before he does anything. I already have both the gangs searching all over for him."

  "Good," I yawned, "I don't want him around ever again."

"He won't be. Now you get some sleep, you must be tired."

  I nodded slightly and closed my eyes. I snuggled closer to Shawn and drifted into a peaceful slumber.

~~~

  I awoke when the cold suddenly bit at skin from the loss of Shawn's touch. I pried my eyes open and looked around. At my desk sat Shawn going through old files and trying to figure out where Dexter might be.

"Morning," I said, my voice hoarse.

He looked up from the papers he was staring at intently and looked in my direction. His face softened and he smiled at me, "morning princess."

"You know you're the only one who can call me that without getting killed," I stated.

His smile grew to a grin, "I know."

Yesterday came rushing back. The black clouds and the rushing people and Dexter. "Question," I said.

"Yes?"

"Where were the clouds from yesterday? The big black ones?" I asked.

Some of the guys were making bombs yesterday and some may or may not had blown up... At the same time," he cleared has throat.

"Of course they did," I muttered.

I stood up and wrapped the blanket tighter around my shoulders. I walked over to Shawn and kissed the top of his head before walking to the mansion's kitchen and finding food.

  Every fancy estate had a kitchen but not every estate had good food in the kitchen. In others words, the kitchen was practically empty of food. So I got Zayn to being me food since Shawn and I were working.

  About 15, 20 minutes later, Jacob poked his head into my office, "uh boss?"

  "Yes?" I asked without looking up from the papers.

  "There's a guy standing outside with Burger King. He says his name's Zayn and he's here for you."

  "Well then let Zayn in, you imbecile." I glared. I wasn't exactly in a good mood right now. We haven't found anything on Dexter and his whereabouts and it's pissing me the hell off. I just want to catch the dude and blow his brains out after a long torture session. Was that so much to ask?

  Jacob nodded and walked out. He led Zayn into my office about two minutes later and left. Zayn tossed my food at me along with a soda can. He plopped down beside Shawn on the couch.

  "You two play nice today. I'm not in the mood for any, and I mean Any," I emphasized the word, "childish actions. Got it?" I spat the last part.

  They quickly nodded and I went back to work and snacked on my burger and fries.

~~~

  Around three in the afternoon I got so annoyed with the papers and videos cameras and all the shit I was going through that I slammed it back on my desk and walked outside to my bike.

  I drove out to the forest and hid my bike on the bushes before walking a distance to the lake. I use to come here all the time with my mother. We would sit and talk and just think.

  I say there for an hour and half or so, just in my own thoughts, before I heard footsteps. The soft breeze carried a woodsy scent my way. I didn't have to open my eyes to know that it was Shawn's cologne.

  "What do you need?" I deadpanned.

  "Your presence," he answered.

  I smirked, "you're so helpful," I said sarcastically.

  "I know right," he said, mimicking my sarcasm.

  "Seriously though. What's up?"

  "I could ask you the same question," he shot back, I pried an eye open and looked at him.

  "I'm just thinking about where Dexter could be whole also trying to clear my mind of everything else..." I trailed off, then it struck me, "wait! I got it!"

  I jumped up and ran to my bike. I got on and sped for the mansion. When I got there I gathered the Black Rose gang and Shawn to help me out.

  I cleared off one of the wall maps of our county and started to place the dots of where we've seen and/or met Dexter or his men. When I was done, I took a strong and tied all the dots together. There was a small abandoned warehouse in the middle of all the attacks.

  "There," I pointed and drew a circle around it, "that's where he's at."

  "You sure?" Zayn asked.

  "Positive," I answered.

  "If anyone knows, it's Elliot," Shawn said.

  I quickly loaded up my guns and knives and sheathed and holstered them. When we were all ready, I got on my bike and led the black SUV's with the gang in them to the warehouse.

  When we got there, I got off my bike and headed to the door. I froze when I saw the door to the warehouse.

  Remember that time when I said I hate warehoises, like with a burning passion? Ya well guess what...

  I Fucking Hate Warehouses!!!