10

I walked in my room with the chest and put it on the floor. I looked up to see Zayn looking at me with shock written all over his face.

"What?" I asked.

"What's in that chest?" He whispered.

"You don't want to know. But if you stay in here you'll know. Your choice," I shrugged and went to open the chest.

"It's not like a body or anything is it?"

I fell over laughing, "god Zayn. I never knew you thought of me like that."

"Well I didn't at first! But I mean look at this!"

I gained my composure quickly, "but no it's not a body. I'm not like that."

"But you do kill."

"Only if I have to."

"And did you?"

"What?"

"Today. Did you have to kill all those people today?"

"Yes. Yes I did." I said sternly.

"Why?"

"Why?! Because Zayn! If I hadn't they would have come and killed my father, your dad, you, all my friends, Wyatt! Everyone I ever cared about! I can't have a repeat of that," I mumbled the last part and turned around. I started pulling out all my weapons. I had rows of different blades, guns, swords, and special fighting gloves.

"Repeat? What do you mean by repeat?"

I didn't answer.

"Answer me! Elliot!" He grabbed my wrist and swung me around, are faces only inches from each other. "Elliot, please tell me what's going on?" He breathed out.

I shook my head, "I can't Zayn."

"Why not?" He wiped away my tears.

Wait tears! I'm crying! Noo! I can't cry! Crying shows weakness! I can't have weakness! If I'm weak then I can't protect the ones I care for!
My head was spinning.

I pulled away, turned back around and went to cleaning all my weapons. I'd have to build a secret compartment to put these in. They aren't safe where they used to be anymore.

Zayn wrapped his arms around me from behind, took the sword out of my hand and set it down. He spun me around and held me.

I wrapped my arms around him and cried. I know I shouldn't but I felt that I could trust him.

My dad walked in, saw all my weapons, and looked at me in Zayn's arms, crying. He walked up and saw the blood on the blades and towels.

"Oh Elliot. Are you back in the game?"

I pulled away from Zayn, "I was never out dad. You know what happened. Someone knows. Someone I don't know. But I'm going to find out who."

With that I walked out of my room. I needed air and food.

Zayn's POV

I saw Elliot walk out and looked at her dad. "You gonna explain anything to me?"

He shook his head, "I can't. It's up to Elliot whether you're told or not." He also walked out.

I sighed. Guess I'll have to wait. I walked to my room and turned on a movie.

Drew's POV

I pulled up in front of my house and got out. I walked to the other side of the car and got my sleeping sister, Anna, from her seat. I carried her to her room and laid her on her bed. It's been awhile since she's slept in her own bed. She'll sleep for hours.