11

2 months later

I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At the Disco started playing. Fucking alarm. Wait a minute, it's Saturday. Why the hell is alarm going off?

I heard a knock on my door and Zayn walked in. "Elliot get up. We have a busy day ahead of us."

"What is... Ooohhh. Right." I remember why my alarm went off. Well first it was noon and second it's my first date with Zayn. He asked me out a week ago. Also just so you guys can relax, Drew's family is safe and back at their house. After taking care of the gang for the second time that day I had came home and told them what happened and they went home. I'm just glad they're safe.

  "You forgot didn't you?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

  "Yo I'm still waking up. Give me a minute. I don't remember everything right when I open my eyes, ya know?"

He smirked and walked away, "breakfast is ready by the way!" He shouted.

  "K!" I shouted back.

  I got up, took a shower, blow dried my hair, and got dressed. I wore my simple ripped jeans, black pierce the veil band tee, black leather jacket, and black combat boots. I pulled the front strands of my hair back and pinned them in place. I grabbed two of my smaller blades and placed them in my boots. I then placed my hand gun in the back of my waist band.

  I walked down stairs and sat down on a bar stool at the kitchen counter.

  " 'eh Elli," Zayn smiled at me.

  "Hmm," I grunted at him.

  "Ready for today?"

  "What are we doing today?"

  "It's a surprise."

  "Bitch."

  "You don't like surprises?" He questioned me with a shocked face.

  "Nope."

  "That's sad, Ell. Real sad."

  "Ya well when almost everyone you love and care about is killed and someone comes up to you and goes surprise your loved ones are dead. You learn to hate surprises." I looked him dead in the eye.

  "Oh I'm sorry."

  "Whatever. So what are we doing today?"

  "Nope. I'm gonna teach you that not all surprises are bad. So don't worry, I'm not gonna tell you that all your loved ones are dead."

  "You're hilarious," I mocked.

  "Alrighty then." He handed me a plate of eggs and bacon.

  "Thanks."

  "Your welcome."

  Once we finished eating we got in his car and drove off.

  He took me to an a obstacle course race. Good thing I came wearing my combat boots.

We went and signed in, got our name badges, and stood in line.

"Okay contestants. Line up," a girl walked up. "I'm Amanda and I'll be supervising the race. And if any of you break any rules you will be disqualified."

  We all nodded and got into place. She fired a gun and we sprinted towards the obstacles. There were so many twists and turns and ropes and walls to climb and jump off and bells ringing and wow it was a lot. It was like a 5k run plus the obstacles so it was good exercise.

~~~

  "That was so much fun. Though, I'm gonna be so sore tomorrow," I said grinning as Zayn and I got back in the car.

  "The days not over yet darlin." Zayn answered giving me one of his heart stopping grins.

  "What's next on the list then?"

  "That's for me to know and you to find out."

"Really? Ugh," I groaned.

~~~

  We pulled into the parking lot of a paint ball place.

  "Are you serious?" I asked, my grin broadening.

  "You betcha. And we'll blend into the ground better considering we're drenched in mud from the mud slide at the end of the race," he said.

  "Touché."

  We walked into the building and signed up. We got our hear and paint ball guns and waited for the match to start.

  "You're going down Ell."

  "In your dreams lover boy."

  He smirked. "Let's do this," I said.

  We we're let into the open area for the match to begin.

  I hid in a dark prone corner. I rolled in the leaves in the ground to try to blend in more. It worked. I got about a dozen shots before people realized where I was. But by then I had moved in the next spot.

  I had just settled in to my new hiding place when I saw Zayn run up and stop right in front of me.

  "You're going down lover boy," I mumbled and pulled the trigger. Head shot. Thank god he was wearing a helmet or that would've hurt.

  I stifled my laugh as he quickly turned around, trying to find his attacker. He turned back around and ran. I chased him, shooting another three guys in between my many hits at Zayn.

  After running into the unoccupied spot in the fighting area, he spun around and faced me.

  I burst into fits of laughter at his back that was covered in colored paint.

  "You did this," he said venomously.

  "You know it," I laughed.

  He walked up to me. "Too bad you can't get me back yet. You gotta wait five minutes before you can shoot anyone," I laughed.

  He grabbed the nape of my neck and brought my face close to his. His lips graze mine sending lightening through my body. He kissed me then and our lips moved in sync. He licked my bottom lip asking permission, I opened my mouth granting his request. Our tongues danced as a fight went on around us.

  I brought my gun to his side without him realizing and pulled the trigger. He pulled away as the paint hit him. "You bitch," he laughed, "I have to admit though. Nice move."

  "Back atcha," I smiled and turned around pulling the trigger right as someone came up. I shot them in the chest.

  "How?" The girl I just shot asked.

  "You have loud footsteps," I pointed to my ears and ran off leaving the two dumbfounded.

~~~

  After the match and my team winning Zayn took us for food. He pulled up at a cafe and we walked inside taking a window booth.

  "Today was fun Zayn. Thanks," I smiled.

  "No problem," he smiled back.

  "Can I get you guys anything?" The waiter asked as he walked up.

  "Oh I'll have double cheeseburger, fries, and a coke please," zayn ordered.

  "I'll also have a double cheeseburger but with onion rings and a Pepsi, please," I ordered.

  "Alright. Your food will be ready soon," he smiled and walked away.

  I looked out the window of the cafe and my breathe caught. Standing across the street looking at me was Shawn Thompson. He should be dead.

  Our eyes caught and then I saw someone walk up and grab him. I stood up and ran outside. "Shawn!" I shouted.

  He look back at me but couldn't say anything as he was shoved into a black van. I ran over to Zayn's car and got in the drivers seat while Zayn quickly got into the passenger seat.

  "Elliot what's going on?" He asked.

  "I just saw Shawn."

  "And who is that?"

  "You'll meet him soon."