6

Zayn's POV

This morning.

I said bye to Elliot on my way out I the house this morning and walked to my car. When I saw and how she looked like crap my first feeling was worry. I've only ever been worried about my dad. My mom died when I was little and never really gave her much thought. My dad was got in a car crash and that was the only time I was ever worried about him. I knew my friends could take care of themselves and I've never been worried about a girl. Mainly cuz I only had one night stands every now and then but still.

  I was just straight up worried about this girl and the only thing I could do was push it aside because she doesn't want me involved, unfortunately.

  An hour later when she walked into the school my jaw dropped. She looked gorgeous. I could never admit it to her but wow. She looks to be in a better mood along with her being better dressed.

  I knew right then that I liked Elliot Sanders and I most likely would never admit it but the feelings were there nonetheless. Teenage hormones sucked dammit.

I could barely keep my eyes off her all day. I couldn't pay attention in class, I couldn't look away at lunch. Damn she was really getting to me. I needed to fix this and fix it fast, before all hell broke loose.

Elliot's POV

After lunch.

  I was walking to the principles office after lunch. My encounter with the guy in the hall really freaked me out. It meant that Miles had people everywhere, including the school. I needed to be extra extra cautious. Dammit Dust! I was ready to start a war with Miles Dust and I was going to win.

  I walked into the principles office and saw my dad. "What's going on here?" I asked.

  "Elliot. Mr. Peterson and I were just discussing your fall down the stairs." He winked at me and I instantly got what he was saying.

  "Ya, what about it?"

  "Nothing serious. I just wanted to make sure everything was ok. You showed up to school in your second day with cuts and bruises and just wanted to make sure everything was ok." The principle said.

  "Oh ya. Everything's fine. I was just being my clumsy self and tumbled down a couple stairs. Nothing serious." I smiled at him.

  "Alright that was all. You're excused," the principle dismissed me.

  "That's it?"

  "Yep. I'm just gonna talk with your dad for a minute and then he'll be out."

  I left the room and waited out in the hall. My phone buzzed saying I got a text.

  Zayn: 'everything ok?'

  Me: 'ya the principle was just worried about my cuts and bruises. Damn nosy staff!'

  Zayn: 'I feel ya'

  Me: 'aren't u in class?'

  Zayn: 'technically, yes. I'm texting under the desk. I finished my test early as had nothing to do so... Here I am! Sort of.'

  Me: 'haha ur so weird. Are you sure ur not secretly a girl?'

  Zayn: 'not funny.'

  Me: 'I kid I kid. Chill'

Zayn: 'chill?! I will not chill?! I invented chill!'

  Me: 'Yaya keep ranting Jack Frost. No ones really listening'

  Zayn: 'you were'

  Me: 'nope. I was reading'

Zayn: 'ugh. You and ur technicalities'

Me: 'u like it. I've seen u staring all day'

  Zayn: 'pft no I haven't'

  Me: 'that's what they all say'

  I put my phone away when I heard the door open. I looked over at my dad, "what happened?"

  "We need to talk when you get home."

  I nodded and we separated. I went to class and found Zayn on his phone. I sat in my seat behind him.

  "Yo Sherlock, I'm behind you," I whispered in his ear.

  He jumped slightly, "I'm aware. Well now I am," he whispered back.

  I chuckled and went to work on my math test.

~~~

"What's up dad?" I had just walked in the door with Zayn and found both our parents in the living room.

  "Close the house," he told me.

  I nodded and him and I ran around the house making sure every door and window was closed, locked, and had something in front of if. Whether a shade or curtain or whatever. We then proceeded to check the entire house from top to bottom for any bugs, hidden cameras, recorders, anything.

  Once we were satisfied with out work we sat down in the living room.

  "What was that about?" Zayn asked.

  "We just checked the house for any bugs, cameras, etc. after closing and locking every door and window, making sure no one could see through," I told him.

  "Ok then. I feel safe."

  "You should," I looked at my dad, "what?"

  "Your principle wants you to have a guard at school."

  "Why?" I was honestly confused.

  "Because your so clumsy. He says he doesn't want you to fall again., but I think there's something else behind it."

  I looked at Zayn and he nodded, "Miles Dust," we said at the same time.

  "I'll be back," I told my dad, "Zayn your coming with me. We're gonna go pay a visit to our friend in prison."

  I drove Zayn and I to the prison on my bike. When we got off I looked at Zayn, "have in on my bike?"

  "Never going on a bike again. Nope. Uh huh," he started ranting to himself.

  "Ok dude first, I'm your ride home and second, you need to breathe," I chuckled at him.

  "Alrighf, breathe, ok. Whew. I'm good."

We walked inside and asked to speak with Miles Dust. Ten minutes later we were sitting in front of Miles with only the glass between us.

"Alright Miles spill. Do you have the principle at our school involved in your little charade?"

"I thought that you would always be ten steps ahead of me and just when I thought I would be catching up you'd be twenty stopes ahead. In pretty sure that this puts you a couple steps behind," he replied.

  "Oh buddy you have no idea. I hew you right where I want you and I always will. Whether the principle is involved or not doesn't mean I'm behind. Just shows I'm ahead. I'm keeping up with yiu, but the question is. Are you keeping up with me?"

  I got up and walked out with Zayn right behind me. I knew what I had to do next.