18

At breakfast I met Courtney and her boyfriend, Mark. I hated Mark, he's an asshole. They were both staring at each other as he fed her.

  I cleared my throat, "you guys are making me gag," I told them.

  "How do you think we feel about you and Shawn?" Mark retorted.

  "Well considering we haven't done anything, I'm pretty sure you don't want to throw up all over us." I snarked.

"You're such a bitch," Courtney said.

"Oh my gosh, thank you!" I smiled.

She rolled her eyes and went back to staring at Mark.

~~~

  I was so glad when breakfast over and to get out of the house. I walked to my bike to find Mark checking it out.

"Like it?" I asked.

"She yours?"

I nodded. He whistled, "she's a beauty."

"Thanks," I smiled.

I climbed on, "maybe one day I'll let you take her for a spin."

"Seriously?"

I nodded again, "ya sure. If I learn to like you." I gave a wicked grin and turned on the engine. I quickly drove off before he could say anything.

  I stopped by the mansion and told Jacob what I wanted him to have the trainees do today. Afterwards I drove to school and walked up to the guys.

  "Hey Elliot! We missed you yesterday," Wason said.

  "Well of course you did. Who wouldn't?" I asked sarcastically.

  "Where were you?" Jonas asked.

  "I had some things to take care of."

  "Alright. If you say so," he shrugged.

  The day dragged on with Jonas and Wason giving me weird looks because of my answer to where I'd been yesterday. Drew took a pretty good guess and, of course, Zayn already knew.

After school I went back to the mansion. I walked out back and found all the newbies on the ground, breathing heavily.

"What do you think you're doing?! On your feet!" I yelled. Most of them got scared and jumped at my voice.

They quickly got on their feet and in line. "Someone answer me!" I demanded.

"We were resting ma'am! We'd been running all day!" Adrien answered.

  I walked up to him, "how far did you run?"

"I'm not exactly sure ma'am."

  "How long did you run?"

  "Five hours ma'am."

  "And you call that all day?!!"

  "Yes ma'am," then he saw my expression and quickly hanged his answer, "no ma'am. I mean no ma'am."

  "Well. Which is it?"

  "No ma'am. That is not all day."

  "Good boy," I patted his cheek. I took a couple steps back and addressed  the whole group, "now thanks to your Adrien! You will all run for another hour!"

  They groaned, "add a half hour onto that too! Now move!" They quickly started running laps around the campus of the mansion.

  While they were running I walked to Jacob's office. "What the hell are you doing?"

  "What do you mean boss?" He set down his book.

  "Someone's in trouble," the other member in the room muttered.

  "With the newbies. Running for five hours and letting them rest? What is this? The Air Force?"

  "No ma'am."

  "Then, what were you thinking?" Venom dripping from my voice.

  "I don't know ma'am. I understand that I was wrong and I..."

  "Understand?!" I slammed my hand on his desk, "you don't understand shit! But you will. You get to join the newbies in running. Only you have to run for three hours today. But watch your back tomorrow." He gulped and I walked out.

  I went home and did my homework and crawled into bed. I was so tired and didn't even care about food or time or anything.

~~~

  My eyes flew open when I felt the bed dip. I looked at the clock on my nightstand, it read 11:26.

  "What are doing? Getting here so late?" I asked Shawn.

  "I was busy."

  "Normally I would interrogate you but in tired as hell. So I'll do it tomorrow. Night."

  He chuckled, "night beautiful."

  "Night beautiful," I mocked.

  I heard him chuckle right before I slipped into a peaceful sleep.

~~~

  I awoke to the smell of waffles and chocolate. I crawled out of bed and went downstairs.

  "Who did what?" I asked walking into the kitchen where everyone was.

  "What do you mean kiddo? Can't a dad make his daughters favorite breakfast for fun?" My dad asked.

  "What did you do?" I then realized that Shawn wasn't there, "and where's Shawn?"

  He sighed, "that's what we need to talk to you about."

  "What do you mean? Dad what happened?" I asked frantically. I felt a panic attack coming on.

  "Sweetie, Shawn... Shawn left."

  "Be a little more specific dad. Please." I begged.

  "He got up, packed his things, and left. Walked out."

  "Why would he do that? What did you guys do? Zayn did you do something?"

  "No one did anything Elliot. He didn't say anything. Not even bye. Just...left."

  "No," I whispered, "no!"

  I ran upstairs and turned on my light. All his stuff was gone. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my keys off my nightstand. I noticed a note by my phone when I reached for it.

Dear Elliot,
  Before you freak out. I'm fine. I just need some time to figure a couple things out and deal with some things.
  I'm flying out to Chicago this morning. Please don't follow me. I love you forever and always but I need to take care of this on my own.
  Call if you need anything.
     Love, Shawn <3

  I picked up my phone and called Shawn. No answer. I ran downstairs and out the door. I drove my bike to the airport. I don't care what he said, he's not leaving without telling me what's going on. Whether he likes it or not.