14

I walked back out to my bike with Shawn on my heels. "Oh my baby," he muttered. The bike was originally his and I took it when he "died". He adores the thing.

I smirked, "I took great care of her."

"I can see that. Now where are we going?" He got on.

I got on behind him and told him to follow the van back to the mansion.

"Oh how I've missed riding my bike," he said once we reached the mansion.

  I chuckled and walked in, "alright guys, go relax and do stupid shit," I ordered the gang.

  "So you the boss of this gang to now?" Shawn asked.

  I nodded, "pretty much."

  "What about 'the black rose'?"

  "I appointed a new leader before we moved. Someone who I knew would take care of them and lead them the way I did or at least close to the way I did."

  "Nice."

  I lead him to the office and walked in. He walked in behind me and closed the door.

  "Hey Elliot," he whispered. He reached for my hand and spun me around so I was facing him, he then turned us so I was pinned against the wall by him.

  "Ya?" I breathed. Shit, I forgot how breathless he makes me. Yaya I know. The big bad gang leader's gettin all mushy. Well don't judge, it's just what happens you're in love.

  He pressed his lips against mine. Is started slow and welcoming then turned heated and hungry and passionate.

  He pulled back way to soon, "I've been waiting to do that since I laid eyes on you today," he smiled.

  I smiled, blushed, and ducked my head. He lifted my chin with his thumb and pecked my lips, "Elliot, I love you."

  My breath caught, he's said it before and so many times but after not hearing it for so long it just felt so nice and sweet and loving. "I love you too."

  His face turned serious, "who was that guy you were with earlier?"

  I froze. I just got him back, I did not want to lose Shawn just because he got jealous but I knew he would find out the truth sooner or later, "Zayn. He was taking me out on a date," I whispered.

  "He what?! A date?!!" He shrieked.

"Ya so."

  "So?! So! Elliot you were just on a date and now you're kissing me! What the hell?!"

  "Well yes, but I have reasons! I mean for god sakes Shawn I thought you were dead until just a few hours ago! What do you expect?! That I'll grieve for the rest of my life!? That I'll never move on!? That I'll just be hung up on you for the rest I my life and never be happy again?!," I sighed, "Shawn I love you, I really do, but you can't scream at me for something like that. You just can't."

  "I don't expect you to grieve forever, I just meant..." He sighed, "Elliot...I...I just don't want to lose you. Again. I've already done it once and I can't, I won't, do it again. I want you to be happy and live a full life, I guess...I guess I'm just jealous. I'm sorry."

I hugged him, "I know Shawn, I know."

***

"Dad!" I called as I lead Shawn into the house.

"What's up... Elliot is that who I think it is?" My dad asked.

I nodded excitedly with a giant goofy grin on my face.

My dad ran up to shawn and hugged him, "oh my boy! How happy I am to see you!"

"What's with all the yelling?! Damn can't anyone get any sleep around here?!" Zayn came in yelling.

  "Zayn it's only 9 o'clock. Why are you in bed?" I asked.

  "Well Sanders if you remember correctly we did go on a 5k obstacle course race and play a game of paintball. So as you can imagine I'm tired as hell," he explained with a mock smile, "so who's this?"

  "Zayn this is Shawn," I answered.

  "Oh so this is the guy that you went all crazy and got all pissed about."

  "And I'm guessing you're Zayn," Shawn said, "the guy who took my girl on a date."

  "That's right. But to be honest, last I checked anyway, she isn't anybody's girl," Zayn fired back.

  "Kid you are asking for bruise," Shawn  said through gritted teeth.

  "Hey! Boys! Stop acting like children and grow up! I never have and never will belong to anyone! I am nobody's girl and I never will be! Now shut the fuck up and let me explain everything to the both of you!" I was so annoyed with all their yelling and I just needed them to shut up.

  They both snapped their mouths shut. "Good. Now sit down," everyone went and sat down in the living room, "ok. So this is going to be hard to explain by just bear with me."

  They nodded.

"Alright Zayn, I'm gonna tell my story. I think I should start with what happened, you know about Shawn and my mom and almost everyone else I've loved.
  About two years ago shawn and I were throwing a party at a venue, it was for my parents anniversary. So of course we invited family and friends and a lot of my friends came too because they were so close to my family. It was going well until a group of men came in and started shooting guns. They were grabbing some people and torturing them, right in front of my eyes. One set the place on fire, few people made it out, even fewer actually lived," my eyes glazed over lost in the memory, Shawn took my hand and started rubbing circles with his thumb on my knuckles, "after that my dad and I were devastated and we moved away. Came back here. That's what happened. That's why I hate surprises. I thought Shawn had died in the fire. I never saw him come out. I was too afraid to go in just to look at who might even have made it out. I couldn't imagine a life without these people. I had no life without them. And moving didn't help. But then I got to know you more and Drew and Wason and Jonas.
  I realized that I didn't need all those people to live, I just needed to know that there was someone. Someone who I could share my stories with.
  But I did, I do, love Shawn. He was one of the best things to happen to me in my life. It was hard as hell to live without him," I looked at Zayn, "I'm sorry that you had to be put in this situation. I know today was only our first date. I just want you to know that I'm not telling you it's not going to work because if your horrid sayings skills, I'm letting you, us, go because the one person I cannot live without is back, back from the dead. And I don't plan on ever letting him go."

Zayn nodded and came over to sit beside me, Shawn pulled away from me. Zayn embraced me in a hug and kissed the top of my head, "it's ok, I understand why you're doing it. I'm not saying I like it but I understand, so I'll let it go."

  "Thanks Zayn," I hugged him back. I turned to Shawn, "and Shawn, I love you but I don't want to jump right back in to our relationship, right from where we left off. I can't do that. Ok?"

Shawn nodded. "Thank you," I said.

  My dad stood up and started walking out, "Shawn take Elliot's bed, if there's anything you need just call. Night kids."

  "Night dad," I called. I brought Shawn up to my room and went to my closet. I changed I to my comfy clothes of shorts and a tank top. I went over to Zayn's room, "I'll be back, but tomorrow I'm taking you shopping."

  "Understood commander."

  "Good," I nodded my head and walked out.