10

Cover by Winkyxx :) thank you so much♡

"Changing is easy. Getting back to who you once were is impossible."

Aniqah Gamieldien

10|Short skirts and drunk flirts (part 1)

I don't think I'll ever wear this.

I looked at myself in the wardrobe mirror. The short, weird, frilly top stopped just under my navel and the bright, yellow colour it came in didn't do it any justice. I scrunched up my face in disgust.

I look like a pineapple.

The top if you could even call it that, was paired together with high waisted jeans. It covered the space that the yellow piece of fabric couldn't.

"Katie?" A shout came from outside the stall. "Are you done yet. You've been in there for hours." Macy complained. I knew she was exaggerating. I had been checking my phone every few seconds, trying to make up an excuse about time. I groaned as I looked at the bright screen again. Only five minutes had passed.

"Come on!" Macy whined. "I've got some more clothes for you." She said. My face turned to one of horror. I pushed my back against the farthest wall of the stall and closed my eyes in prayer.

Please lord, save me from this hell.

Honestly, I knew since we walked into the store that I wouldn't be buying much. The entire store was out of my price range.

Even though my family had money, it didn't mean they gave it out willingly. I backed my body into the stall door with a bit too much force. "Katie? Are you okay in there?" She asked. I could hear the worry in her voice.

I nodded vigorously and then realized she couldn't see me. I took a deep breath and said in the most normal voice that would come out, "Yeah, Macy. I'm all good. The hanger just fell." I continued my slow, deep breaths.

Her voice sounded confused on the other side. "Against the door?" I mentally face palmed myself and then I did it again in real life. I had to wing it. Maybe she'd just let it go.

"Yeah," I said in reply.

There was a pause for a short amount of time before she spoke again. "Okay." She said cheerily. I breathed out a sigh of relief. My muscles relaxed from their stiff positions and my eyes closed as I breathed. "Now come on out. I want to see." She dragged out the last word childishly.

I took one last look at myself and then taking a risk -- I took a lot of those now -- opened the door. The brightness was the first thing I registered. The glimmering lights of the changing room foyer were a soft yellow color which still seemed to illuminate the entire room. I looked up and frowned childishly at Macy.

"Where are the others?" I asked, avoiding the subject of the clothes in her hands. She wore a white tank top with some faded skinny jeans paired together with heeled ankle boots. Her brown hair fell in waves, but they glowed a golden color in the fluorescent yellow blaze. Her blue eyes sparkled, darkened with a thin line of eyeliner.

When Macy replied, I slipped back into reality. "They're getting some more clothes." When Macy saw my horrified face, she giggled. "Okay. Let's see." She said, referring to the clothes I wore. She looked down at it skeptically. Her eyes brightened when she seemed to come to a conclusion.

"No matter how good that color seems to suit you, that outfit is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen." She paused. "I blame Anna. She brought it here." She shook her head in disgust. "Disgraceful." She said under her breath.