17

"Curiosity often leads to trouble."

Unknown

17|That imbecile

"Hey." Jake said, catching me, just before I walked out the gates of the school.

At this point, the rain was pouring and the thin jacket I wore over my tank top was getting more soaked by the second. I could feel the drops of rain run down my cheek. The feeling made blood run to them out of desperation to keep them warm.

Honestly, it had been a very long day, with History - which was usually my favourite class - being one of the worst out of all.

To try and shed some light onto my situation, the day had started off like any other day. I had been woken up at the crack of dawn to have my daily breakfast with the annoying Neanderthals, I called my siblings.

Kayla had been her usual rude self and had insulted my outfit of choice that morning. I wore black skinny jeans with a plain white tank top and of course I paired those with my worn out black converse.

Joshua had teased me about my glasses like he did every morning. Ever since we had started speaking more often, Joshua had also started teasing me every now and again. I had gotten used to it after a while, but it was still extremely annoying.

After that, everything wasn't so normal anymore.

Firstly, Annie had been unusually jolly when I left for school. I think it had been one of the first times I had seen her skip towards my dad's car. She had even worn a pink headband, which contrasted greatly with her all black attire.

Then, when I got to my locker, there had been an envelope inside, which fluttered out gracefully as soon as my locker door opened. There had been a white cardboard invite folded neatly within the envelope. All that was written on it was a date, a time and a password. If that wasn't weird enough, it had been signed as anonymous, which was the part that really freaked me out.

To hell, if anyone thought I'd actually go to this thing. I didn't have a death wish, even though some people thought I did, because I hung out with The Populars.

When I had walked into first period, Jake had been absent from class. All the football players had.

Something about preparing for the new season.

They had a big game coming up against one of our rivals and apparently winning a football game was more important than the actual reason they were in school - which was to learn. It was quite ironic actually if you thought about it.

Anyways, as I had said, Jake had been absent from class and because of it, I had felt really alone. Ever since I had started school about three weeks ago, Jake had been the start to my school day. He helped me with my work, he made jokes, he acted adorable and he kept me sane when I felt an approaching panic attack.

Lunch had been the worst part of my day so far.

I had gotten used to the feeling of ignoring Alex, but now that we were "good", he found every reason to be near me which was kind of annoying.

I remembered the moment that I entered the cafeteria. Alex had been by my side in a flash and had started to walk in step with me. I didn't find it weird at first as he followed me to the lunch line and ordered his lunch, but then he insisted on paying for my lunch which I found extremely odd. i had insisted on paying for my own lunch, like the strong and independent women I was, but before I could put my point across, he had handed his money over to the lunch lady and I had even given her a smile while doing it.