29

"And the heat where you lay. I could stay right here and burn in it all day."

No Control, One Direction

29|Breakfast in bed

I yawned quietly as my eyes adjusted to the room around me. There wasn't much light around since the curtains were drawn but there was enough for me to make out the basic outlines of Jake's living space.

In my line of vision there was a nightstand and the door that led to the bathroom as well as the sofa I had fallen asleep on the night before. I bit my lip as I thought back to the night before.

Jake hadn't woken me up so that he could take me home and instead, I was now laying in his bed with a white comforter keeping me warm. The bed was more comfortable than I had first expected it to be. I was basically sinking into the soft surface.

I let out a soft sigh as I took some of the material of the comforter into my hand. It was cool and smooth in my fist.

I was appreciating the texture of the comforter so much that I didn't realise that something had shifted behind. I only noticed when it happened yet again.

I paused and released the fabric from my hands slowly. I tried my best to shift so that I could see behind me. I decided to turn completely over onto my other side while still staying under the comfort of the warm comforter.

What I saw before me made me catch my breath and then swallow it down as not to make a sound. The sight was just too peaceful for me to disturb with my uneven breathing.

Jake was positioned on his back with both of his arms resting underneath his head. The position his arms were in made them look strained and even more muscular than they had to be.

I bit my bottom lip yet again when one of his hands moved to rest on his stomach as he let out a soft snore from his slightly parted lips. My hands travelled to where his hand moved and my eyes widened as I registered that he was shirtless.

Oh my god.

Jake let out a string of gibberish, which made me draw my eyes back to his lips. Since he wasn't that far away from me, I noticed that his lips went up into a perfect bow. His brown lashes fanned over his cheeks and created shadows there.

In that moment there was no smile on his face, but I could still make out the smile lines that had indented themselves into his face. It was a wonderful imperfection that he had - a sign that he was always smiling.

He was always trying to make someone happy.

His hair was ruffled but it was no difference from his usual windswept-hair look. In fact, it looked even more adorable than usual since it was paired with a peaceful expression.

Right then, he was just sleeping. He didn't have to be anything else. He didn't have to do anything else. He was peaceful.

Beautiful.

I shook away my thoughts and let my eyes rest on his bare chest.

Damn. How often does he work out? I wondered unsuccessfully, sinking back into my thoughts.

Probably as often as you're caught drooling over him. My brain answered in the tone of an absolute smartass. And that's a lot. You're pathetic.

Pathetic, maybe. I agreed with myself. But at least I get to see this.

You're becoming quite the pervert. My conscience observed.