11

Cover made by lovelyness-. Go and follow her and read her books. She's absolutely amazing.

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."

Albus Dumbledore

11|Short skirts and drunk flirts (part 2)

I walked through the door of the fully-packed house. As soon as I entered the room, the smell of cheap alcohol, sweat and teenage hormones hit me. Even though I had showered less than an hour ago, my hair was already matted to my forehead and I could feel the moist feeling on my palms.

My nerves were all over the place as I took in the scene before me. There were people everywhere - some that I knew, and others I had never seen in my life.

Most of the party goers pranced around and gave in to any temptation that presented itself before them, as red solo cups stayed glued to their hands. There were couches surrounding the dance floor - or what was supposed to be a dance floor - and girls and boys sat either relaxed or completely rigged, uncomfortable with the situation life had thrown at them.

The atmosphere of the place was worse. I could almost grasp the lust as if it was tangible. I couldn't count the number of couples I caught in a passionate embrace. If they weren't kissing or making out, they were quite close to it on the dance floor.

My body stayed glued to the threshold. It didn't feel safe to move. Catching whatever reckless-flu these people had was not on my list tonight.

The whole scene made me nervous and the sight of drinks didn't seem like a good idea either. I promised myself a long time ago that I would only start drinking when I was out of college. That way, I wouldn't mess up my high school career and I wasn't sure if this was completely accurate, but maybe I would enjoy it more if I did it later. Either way, I wasn't feeling completely confident about Annastacia's idea of a party.

I was glad I wore my flats because I probably would have fallen over when Macy tugged me to follow her. I tried to pull free, but she gave me a reassuring smile, before pulling me along, like a bag of unnecessary weight.

I could feel myself stumbling and was almost sure I looked drunker than the people who actually were. Macy seemed to be walking me towards the general direction of the bar. I tried again to force my hand out of hers, but it was no use. We had already reached the bar.

"Hey, Jim." Macy greeted the man behind the bar. He looked up and smiled, before finishing up a drink for someone else and then walking over to us. He wore an unbuttoned flannel shirt over a white t-shirt and his blond hair was swept back neatly, not a lock out of place.

"Hey, Macy. How're you doing?" He acknowledged, shining a smile as he grabbed glasses from beneath the bar. He then turned around and took a bottle from one of the shelves. He didn't wait for Macy to answer. "The usual?" He asked, swinging the bottle in his hands.

"Yeah." She said and then added, "Oh. Make that two. One for me." She pointed one manicured finger at herself. And then she pointed at me. "And one for my friend, Katie over here." My mind settled on the word 'friend' and I could feel a smile tugging at my lips.

Jim looked over at me for the first time that night. He smiled and then ran his eyes over my body. I shifted from one leg to the other.

"Hi, Katie." He said seductively. "I've never seen you around these parts before. And I know everyone." He said. It almost sounded like he was boasting. "Are you new to this scene?" His voice made my skin crawl. I didn't feel like talking to him. I didn't even feel like looking at him.