Maturity

So here I am sitting on the stairs in the hall of my place, well it's not really my place I share it with a lot of people. My name is Natasha and I'm fifteen, I live in a orphanage. It's not very big but I guess it's OK cause everyone else is fine with it. I was taken in after my fathers death and my mother was sent to jail. I don't have many friends other then the ones in the orphanage cause I don't go to school.

Rebecca is the owner and she said that there wasn't enough money in this place to send everyone to high school, primary or kindergarten. I....well Lucy and I, have the highest room in the building, it's like a part of the roof like the attic. Lucy was already here when I got taken in, I think she's seventeen.

When she goes out people just stare at her, like she's cruel and from another world, I think it's probably because of all her tattoos and piercings. But she's not, when I first met her I thought that, but then I got to know her she's actually sweet and very funny.

But back to where I'm at, sitting on the stairs with a book on my lap and a pen in my hand, trying to focus on my drawing. I love to draw it's the best thing ever. It lets me let out everything I have ever hated, loved, dreamed and imagined. I was just about to put my pen to paper, when a little blonde haired boy ran down the stairs and knocked me over, I went tumbling down to the bottom of the stairs.

Once I hit the bottom I moved my head to the side and saw Rebecca in her office near the front door, she didn't move but just stared at me as if to ask if I was okay lying on the floor.

I started to move and she realised what happened and rushed over to help me up. "Sweetheart are you okay?" She asked with a worried expression on her pink glowing face, I don't say a word.

I grab my book which lay upside down on the ground and my pen, a few centimetres away.

I stand there looking into her chocolate coloured brown eyes as the door opens. The door chime breaks the moments and she turns around, I made my break and walked fast but carefully up the stairs so as to not hurt myself after the last incident.

I open my door to find Lucy sitting on her bed with her headphones in and a magazine in front of her.

I close the door and she looks up at me, she takes her headphones out and I lay my book in one of the draws as well as my pen."Are you okay hun, you look down?" Lucy asks, "There's people down stairs" I say not looking at her trying to avoid the question she just asked me.

She looks at me with a look that's says 'I know there's something's wrong', as she gets up she hugs me with a kiss on the forehead then she walks out of the room.

Liam's POV

" So what are we doing today lads?" I asked the boys walking into the kitchen, to find Harry cooking something that smells really good.

Niall is stuffing his face with corn flakes and Louis is in front of the television. "I don't think we will be doing much, Uncle Si said that we don't have any interviews today remember?" Niall tells me " He told us yesterday."

"Oh that's right he did, hey guys where's Zayn?" I ask the lads looking around the room, "I think he's still in bed" Louis answers. Zayn is always the last person to get out of bed in the morning, but he's not very grumpy. I take a seat next to Harry, "Do you have any for me dear Sir?" I say to Harry acting the part.

"Why yes Sir, there is some in the frypan" Harry says to me with a posh accent, I get up from my seat and walk in to the kitchen. I laugh at how weird Harry and I are. I grab a knife and fork from the draws. I was just about to put some of Harry's freshly made bacon and eggs on my plate when the phone rang, I knew that none of the boys would get it, so I walked over and picked it up, Daddy Direction to the rescue again.

"Hello" I said answering the phone that was held to my ear, "Hello Liam, it's Uncle Si here" Simon said though the other end of the phone." Oh hey Uncle Si, what's up?" I asked wondering why he called, because he spoke to us yesterday and discussed what we were doing today.

"I wanted to tell you that there was a change of plans" he said. "What do you mean Si" I said concerned. "Well, you lads will be doing something today after all, the media is getting tired because there are no new songs and no excitement anymore".

"But we have no idea what to write about for a new song, there's nothing going on around". "What I'm asking you to do is a big decision and needs a lot of maturity, it needs all of the lads help and co-operation" he replied.

This was getting me worried and got me thinking, what if he wants a couple to get married or have a baby. Maybe get another tattoo that none of us wants or a few piercings. "I want you to adopt" when the words came through the phone I was excited, scared and worried.

What if we can't get a child, what if the child doesn't like us, does he have a gender picked? All these questions kept coming."Liam are you okay, you haven't said anything? Is it a yes or no, what", Simon asked through the phone.

"Hang on a sec Si, I'll ask the lads" I told him, "Boys, Uncle Si wants us to adopt and wants to know what you guys think of that". I spoke up so they could all hear me, " A child!" Harry asks in excitement. "A little someone running around?" Louis added.

"Yes, well that someone may not be little, I don't know" I tell Louis, "Uncle Si wants to know if we can do it?" I ask the lads getting impatient. "I don't know about you guys but I would love to" Louis spoke quite loud standing to his feet, "As will I" Harry said walking into the kitchen. " I would most definitely" Niall yelled jumping around the room, " I would be honoured to raise a child with you children, after all I am Daddy Direction" I state.

"That just leaves Zayn" Louis said "I would love to adopt" Zayn said coming around the corner, "Zayn mate, how did you wake up?, you sleep so heavy!" Harry questioned. "And I would still be sleeping if it wasn't for a little leprechaun who was jumping and yelling I believe" Zayn spoke calmly, "Sorry" said Niall with big rosey cheeks giggling.

"Simon, are you still there?" "Yes Liam have you and the lads decided?" He asked, " Yes Uncle Si ..... We will!" I yell into the phone. "Great the address for the orphanage is 777 Bobsinberry Street" he said, "Ok Simon thanks" I reply and with that he hung up, " OK lads lets go" and with that was a rush to the front door.