Chapter 12

I don't know why Candice is yelling but the girl looks scared, she picked the girl up and slammed her against a locker not caring how loud or who saw. With a hit to the stomach she's down on the floor crying, begging Candice to stop with a swift turn of her head her eyes lasered into me warning me to look away. I couldn't it's like as soon as she looked at me the thought of even looking a few centimetre away was impossible, slamming her back into the hard metal behind her again I finally decide to take a step. That small sound when my heel touched the cold rock tiles made its way to the other side of the hall were a very unhappy girl stood, dropping the girl to the floor again and walking forwards letting the her get her escape.

"What were you going to step in?" She asked with the girls behind her, I step back because I don't want to cause any trouble. "Huh!" She yelling stepping closer to me and I stay frozen in my spot. She glares at me with her eyes squinted for a moment there I thought she would walk away, I blind and for that moment I wish I didn't her fist collided with my jaw as a cracking noise was released. Down to the floor I fell blood in my mouth and all over the place, by now I'm surprised that no teacher had pulled us up I realised why no student did. Then another to the jaw more blood splattered over the ground as I try to turn away, "STOP! " a teacher yells as she throws another "STOP!".

Grabbing Candice by the shoulder was a mistake as an elbow to the chest was released with all so much power, a thump to the ground was heard from the end of the hall as the teacher gasped shocked to be seeing this not just right in front of her but the principles daughter. I take the advantage to escape I swiftly jump up and run, I run as fast as I could dropping things from my bag then I drop my bag to get rid of some weight as I cut a corner. I hear feet trailing behind me that's when I knew I need to run, I don't look behind cause it will slow me down it always happens in movies one person would be running away and then they look back and bam they are on the floor. I trip but bring myself to my feet again and continue running until I hit someone and I fall to the floor, I don't hear foot steps following me but I do hear a loud voice right in my ear. "Miss Jacobson, what did I tell you about the school rules!" She beamed with a loud roar, we both get up and I look around at all the people that have crowded around us.

"Mother are you alright?! " a gasp was released as I see Candice hugging and helping her mother to her office, I know I'm going to be in big trouble now but I can't help but look at the was the girls are. Now helping Mrs. Jonah in to her office aren't the girls that were chasing me die the hall, their faces no piercings, their arms no tattoos and their hair changed. It's like they knew this would happen like a movie they know every scene, like a book they know every chapter.

I walk back slowly to where Jordan and I were originally talking to one another, I bend down and pick up my stuff along the way. Seeing the girls like that makes me wonder if they parents know what they do here, I mean what if they are a completely different people at home or around they parents. At my locker a note was placed in the side I grabbed it and opened it, it was from Jordan she just wanted to tell me her was in class and to see her as soon as possible. I throw my bag into my locker and grab my art book along with my pencil case and headed off the class, opening the door to the whole class was so embarrassing all their eyes staring at me like lasers in the night. I explain tot he teacher way I am later and tell her the whole story then I make my way to where Jordan is sitting, "hey are you okay I didn't really know what to do and the bell rang, I'm so sorry" she explains herself. "No no it's fine I didn't know what to do either" we smiled at one another, "I need to tell you something, it's about... ", " Jordan no talking while I'm trying to teach the class" the teacher told her making her stop.

Jordan didn't speak for the rest of the lesson unless it was to the teacher, she looked very disappointed in herself for getting in trouble. I sitting here just thinking about random stuff to pass the time like; why are the lights on the street that colour? Why does this teacher never shut up? Why is a sneeze called a sneezes? And why are toes so weird? I know they are really random and weird things to be thinking about but I have nothing better to do. As I sit here doodling something in the corner of my book a piece of paper is placed on my desk, it looks to be a note from someone, maybe Jordan but I don't know why she would get someone else to did it for her. I open the note and it reads.

'Dear Natasha, I saw the way the chapters where chasing you around the halls like a lion chasing a gazelle, I was wondering if you were ok? You were so dauntless. I was going to come and help you but you know what the chapters would do to me, I've seen you around a few times with Jordan and I have been thinking about talking to you but I do know what I'd say."

I look around the room to see if anyone way looking at me or to see anyone acting weird, I looked at Jordan but she was already looking at me with worried look on her face. She also looked like she knew what it had written on it or she saw this coming, I gave her the note and she read it then shook her head. The class is dismissed and I'm stuck here puzzled at what had happened, I grab my stuff and follow her as she walks out side. "I knew this was coming" she mutters and I can't help ask why, "knew what was coming?". "This!" She says waft the note in the air like a monkey waving its banana in the air, "do you know who it's from? " I ask excitedly hoping her would say yes. "Yes I do and this it was I was trying to tell you in class, before I got caught talking", I look at her puzzledly and she sighs. "This is from Nick from no brightness, he is dating Cari from the chapters and I bet the girls put him up to this", she says huffing "why would he do that?" I ask her, I feel like I'm missing something from this picture.

"You know how the chapters were chasing you, well they didn't get to hurt you or as they like to call it ' your treatment '. If they don't get your face on the floor in the few minutes that they have, then they will get pay back" she finishes. I understand what she means now they want me to fall for this guy then I'll get beaten up after, well that isn't going to happen I don't know him and obviously i don't want to. She finally hands me the note back and I put it in my locker along with my other book, I grab my history book and head off to class. Jordan has enhancement now so I have history by myself and I don't know many people in the class, cause I've only had it once but then again there was a lot of people away.