Mudd Pie

Evelyn’s POV

          Nathaniel drove us back home and helped me get Rudy into the house. The maids ran to the both of us needing our small wounds and warming up the food. We invited Nathaniel to stay but he told us that his parents would probably go around worrying their heads off if he didn’t get home soon.

 By the time he left the maids had set up the table with food. Both Rudy and I ignored it and rushed to the shower. I went in first and made sure to wash out the blood stains from my cheek and thigh. When I came out Rudy hurriedly entered after me. After I brushed my hair I waited for him on the bed. When he came out I walked with him down the stairs (to make sure that he didn’t fall). The maids were a little upset about having to re heat the food, but I could tell they were excited to have Rudy back. I made sure that he ate well and helped the maids clear the table once we were done.

Rudy lay on the couch in front of the TV. “What movie do you want to watch?” he called out to me as I put away the last plate.

“Anything, it doesn’t really matter.” I joined him on the couch. First I sat by his feet but he motioned for me to lie down next to him so I did. Wrapping one arm around my waist he pulled me in closer then began the movie. I smiled when the title comes on. We were going to watch Bounty Hunter.

Somewhere in the middle of all the laughter the movie brought from us we both managed to fall asleep. I woke up to find myself in the same position as last night. Cleaning out my eyes I turned my body so that I was facing Rudy. He is still asleep and I could see a smile across his face. How cute he smiled when he was sleeping. I picked up his arm and got out from underneath it quietly trying not to wake him. I rushed upstairs into my shower. I came out to find him sitting on the bed.

“Good morning.” He smiled to me.

“Morning!” I say. My hair was still dripping wet but I made my way over to him and he stood up.

“Are you feeling better now?” I asked tilting my head to the side. Wow, I did do that when I was thinking I quickly straighten my head back.

“Yep, I think I am feeling really well. I can even stand without falling to the ground again. Food is really something.” He said and started laughing. I smiled and kissed him, or more like lightly pushed my lips on top of his for a mere second.

“Well hello there, I should laugh more often if I get a kiss from it.” He smirked and I punched him on his arm playfully. “Let me get myself ready then we can go Thanksgiving food shopping.” He said and before I could ask him what exactly he meant he was gone into the shower. I waited patiently on the bed towel drying my hair.

When he got out we went downstairs and grabbed a quick breakfast before we were out the door.

“Where exactly are we going?” I asked him once we were in the car.

“Vons. I do like their turkeys the best.”

I nodded my head not quite understanding why we were going to buy the food. I hadn’t really gone out with Rudy grocery shopping…or any shopping at all to be truthful. Matter of fact I haven’t shopped period since I married him. Being in a store again was going to be a whole different experience for me.

Finding a parking spot at Vons wasn’t that easy. But we did the impossible and got one, now for the part I knew I would regret…we got into the store. Rudy grabbed one of the carts and I followed him closely behind. Walking through the doors we were greeted by a blow of air. This place was well conditioned.

We went through aisles and aisles of food. Rudy had a list and I helped him find all the ingredients that he wanted. When we got to the desserts we both made a face at the pumpkin pie. When we looked at each other and saw each others’ expressions we busted out laughing.