Hello Albert

Evelyn’s POV

          Saturday evening came faster than a blink of an eye. I was nervous to go to a party again with Rudy. It was bad enough when I saw Natalie try hitting on him, imagine what was going to happen when all the girls are all over him at the party. I shook the thoughts from my head. Rudy came up to the room and saw me sitting on the bed. He sat next to me and pulled me in for a hug.

          “We don’t have to go if you don’t want to.” He said when I put my head on his chest.

          “It’s okay, we should go.” I straightened up and pulled away from his arms. He nodded his head and looked at the time.

          “Well, it’s already six. We should get ready and head out.” He said looking at me; it felt like he was really unsure about this.

          “Okay, let me just get dressed. Give me 15 minutes.” I smiled at him. He kissed my cheeks and got up grabbing a shirt and a pair of jeans and walked out of the room. He obviously was going to get dressed like outside of the door. He’s such a dork sometimes. I got up and rummaged through my closet. As you can tell I am not a party animal so it always killed me, because I hated having to be more cautious about what to wear. I picked a simple dark purple dress. It came a little bit above my knees. It had thin straps and was fitted all the way to my stomach. It flowed after that to my knees with three layers puffing out. I pulled my new converse and smiled thinking of Demi Lovatos song lyrics, “who said I can’t wear my converse with my dress, well baby. That’s just me.” I laughed to myself as I slipped them on and turned to the bathroom in the mirror.

          My hair was always the worst part. I didn’t exactly know how to deal with it. I brushed it all to the side and pinned it lightly towards my right shoulder. I had it brushed to the side as always and grabbed my heated curler creating one huge curl loose curl with my hair. I didn’t bother with make up because I hated it. I sprayed on some quick perfume and ran to the living room.

I found Rudy dressed in ready. He always looked nice in red. It was my favorite color on him. Smiling when he looked up to see me he pulled me in close to him. His smell was so strong it made me a little dizzy. I braced myself for him to kiss me or something but all he did was sniff my hair.

“I like the natural smell better. You got a bit of burning smell going on cuz of that curling iron. I smacked his chest when he let go and he laughed.

“I’m kidding.” He grabbed his car keys from the kitchen counter and pointed towards the door. “After you.”

I walked outside and was greeted with nice cool air. Rudy left me for a second to went back into the house. I was in the car by the time he came back and he handed me my sweater.

“You will probably get cold tonight, so just keep it with you in case.” I smiled to myself. It was my thin black sweater… how he always knew to do the right thing!

We made it to Nathaniel’s house and Rudy parked on the curb. He stopped the car but kept his hands on the steering wheels. Not moving a muscle. I watched him and he just kept his look down. Taking my hand I squeezed his arm getting his attention. He looked up and I make contact with his beautiful eyes.

“I want to be here, it’s okay.” He smiled and loosened up a little bit. Getting out of the car he takes my hand and we walked into the crowd of people.

We passed by a group of whispering girls. They all give me a dirty looks and I noticed the one in the middle was Natalie. I ignored the looks and stayed close to Rudy. His face lit up when he saw his group of friends from last time. Nathaniel was standing in the middle of the crowd.