Goodbye

One month later, Rudy and Evelyn at the airport.

Rudy’s POV

          I held on tightly to Evelyn’s hand. She squeezed mine back and I had a feeling we were going to break each other’s hands. But, it didn’t matter because we were too busy searching for where I had to be. I was only a couple of steps away from leaving. Six whole months without Evelyn is going to be torture and I knew it! I told her that I could visit her, but I wasn’t even that sure that I could. I would cross that bridge when the time came.

          We made it through the crowd of people and I saw the scanners and people being checked. This was it; Evelyn couldn’t go in farther from this point. She knew it too because I could feel her hand squeeze my hand even tighter…if that was possible.

          “Don’t worry I will be back.” I smiled at her trying to make it seem like an easy thing.

          She nodded her head slowly but kept it positioned on watching the people take of their shoes and jackets to get scanned.

          “Remember that UCLA is going to be fun and that I’m going to call you as much as I can to hear about your new daily adventures.” I proceed to relaxing her. The grip she had on my hand loosened and she sighed.

          “Okay.” She whispered.

          I dropped my luggage and grabbed her in my arms. “I’m going to miss you.” She said. That only makes me hold her longer. Releasing my arms I cupped her face into my hands and kissed her gently on her lips. When I tried pulling away she grabbed the back of my head and kissed me again only this time deepening it.

          “Take care.” Those were the last words I told her before I was pushed off towards the security scanning.

Evelyn’s POV

          Instead of going home from the airport I went to my dorm. More like my crazy huge dorm. I couldn’t believe Rudy paid for all of this. Dropping my keys on the counter of the kitchen I plopped onto my bed. I hated to say that it actually felt nice knowing for once that I was going to have my bed back. I was upset that Rudy was gone, but I always thought having him as a husband just wasn’t right. The thought of us being married was unethical to me. I sighed and got up. Oh well. I would still miss him; in fact I missed him already.

          It was going to be a long flight for him. Imagine how many airports he was going to have to go through to get to freaking Paris. How stupid! I did want to come to this school, but not to the extent where I wanted him gone. What was done was done though, I couldn’t go back now. Tomorrow was my first day of classes and I would lie if I didn’t say that I was excited.

          Where do I go from here, I already took all my belongings from the old house. I left nothing, not even a piece of my clothes. I played around with my charm bracelet that he got me. I still had it around my wrist, I kept it everywhere I went. I felt around my neck and smiled at the thought of my necklace. Nathaniel was now officially dating Mia. They were so cute together. He was a complete sweet heart. Let’s just say that he better stay that way.

          It was already one in the afternoon. My stomach started to growl and that was when I realized that I was hungry. Reluctantly I got up and headed to the fridge. I had supplied myself with a bunch of ingredients to make sandwiches. I had a feeling that I would be living off of that from now on. Rudy gave me a credit card. He told me to spend as much as I wanted from it and to never think twice about what I was going to buy. He could be a real idiot sometimes! That brought me to my next point. I needed to get a job. I would find one soon enough, there had to be tons of jobs around campus for the college kids.