Tea and Hot Chocolate

Rudy’s POV

          I stayed where I was not daring to walk up to her. If I did she would probably think I was some kind of stalker, so I can’t do that. I forced myself to turn and face away from her. In a matter of seconds I felt someone lightly tap my shoulders. I turned around surprised to see her in front of me. She was like a cheetah in speed!

          “Hey there stranger.” She smiled saying her words in her wonderfully cute accent.

          “Hey.” I smiled back, “So I guess were not just neighbors.”

          “I guess so too.” She laughed, it was cute. But nothing compared to Evelyn’s. Why was I comparing them! Ugh this is so stupid.

          “So I never got your name.” I said looking into her dark eyes.

          “Sorry about that, my name is Evelyn and you are?”

          “Wow! Did you say Evelyn?!” I couldn’t believe what I just heard. I had to be hallucinating. There was only one logical answer – I had gone crazy.

          “Yes…is there something wrong with that?” she asked me a little stunned by my actions. I realized that I must have given her such a shocked look so I wiped the expression off my face quickly and ran my fingers through my hair trying to clear up my thoughts.

          “Well you see, I know someone else with the same name as you. She even has the same hair as you.” I said feeling a little stupid.

          “Oh.” Evelyn’s (number 2) said a little taken aback. “Well that’s okay, because everyone calls me Vee anyway, so you should just do that too. So you don’t confuse me and that other Evelyn with tremendously wonderful hair.” Vee winked.

          I laughed at her before responding, “Well Vee, my name is Rudy. I am 17 and I am from UCLA. What school are you from?” I made sure not to ask her, her age because someone warned me never to do that.

          “Afraid to ask me my age no aren’t you.” She said, it was almost like she could read my mind! “Well I’m 18, I just got into college this year. I go to the University of France.” She smiled at me, “So you’re all the way from Los Angeles?” he accent killed me there when she said Los Angeles.

          “No, uuu I am from San Diego, but Evelyn and I decided to head over and go to UCLA instead because it was her dream school.” I didn’t understand why I was bringing up Evelyn again.

          “This Evelyn girl sounds very important to you.” Vee told me.

          “You could say that.” I said leaning on the wall.

          “So what is your dream school?” Vee asked me after studying me for a while.

          “What do you mean?” I asked.

          “You told me that Evelyn’s dream school was UCLA, and that’s why you went. But, where do you want to go?” She said clarifying for me.

          “Well I…don’t actually know. I think I was always looking forward to some big school like Yael or Harvard, but who wasn’t you know?”

          “I wasn’t.” Vee said with the straightest face ever.

          “Uu…well…” I scratched the back off my neck and she laughed.

          “Oh calm down. I am only messing with you.” She smiled. “So how long are you going to stay for this trial thing?”

          “Six months.” I told her. “What about you?”