| prologue: deception

"the closer you look, the less you see."

***********

WHAT IS MAGIC? Magic is the art of deception.

But it's deception designed to delight, to entertain, to inspire. It's about belief. Faith. Trust.

Without those qualities, magic as an art form would no longer exist.

Magic is about believing in yourself, having faith in yourself, trusting yourself. It isn't about the people that are being tricked. It's about the mind of the trickster.

Every day, street magicians all over the world try to make their debut by performing tricks by local bars or next to metro stops. Every day, the performers have high expectations with the hopeful glint in their eyes that someday, they will make it big. Every day, people ignore them and continue to go on with their day. Every day, the street magicians go home with less than a penny to spare. Every day, they go to sleep thinking that no one is watching.

Every day, they are wrong.

The Eye is there and they are always watching, choosing the next group of talented magicians to make their way onto the billboards all over the world. Every day they pick them and every day they remain anonymous.

Until it's time to make a difference.

Until it's time to tell the truth.