| 12. new orleans

Hey guys! I'm going to be on a plane to Vienna, Austria for an hour and then one back to D.C for 10. You know what that means?

More chapter editing on the plane!! Enjoy this extra one before the posting day (Friday/Sunday).

Also, I'm a card collector and I just bought the Now You See Me 2 Edition for Monarch Playing Cards. They're coming tomorrow and I'm so excited!!

Okay I know you want to read now so here it is. See you all soon!!
~Mia

*********

"fairy lights lined the buildings, almost blinding the darkness hiding in the alleyways, but ,the only thing brighter than the multicolored glow surrounding them was the sparkle gleaming in her eyes."

*********

"HOW DO I LOOK?" Maeve asked Henley. Henley couldn't describe how she felt at that moment, seeing her best friend in love. "You look hot."

That made both girls giggle as Henley finished touching up Maeve's makeup. She was getting ready for her date with Jack. Since they had a few hours to spare, he was going to take her out before the show.

Maeve had on black high waisted shorts and a cute thin coral-like colored sweater. Her signature converse were laced onto her feet and her hair cascaded down her back in waves.

A small knock came from the door. "Are you ready?" Jack asked from the other side. "Coming!" Maeve replied to him. Getting up, she walked to the door and opened it.

Jack was holding a bouquet of flowers for her when she did. They were white roses, like the one from the apartment. Henley could barely contain her excitement for the two.

Jack was wearing black skinny jeans and a white casual button-up with his black TOMS. "These are for you." Jack handed Maeve the flowers.

She took a moment to smell the sweet aroma that the white flowers gave off. Henley took them from her and walked towards the bathroom inside Maeve's dressing room."I'll put these in water."

When Henley left, Jack took Maeve's hand and led her to the busy streets of New Orleans. Her eyes widened in awe at the bright city. There were beautiful street lights and decorations running from the alleyways all the way to the streets.

Everyone around her were all dressed up and dancing to celebrate the special day of Mardi Gras. Maeve saw different colored beads hanging around people's necks and decorated masks to hide their faces.

"Wow." She breathed, taking a good look.

"I've been here once," Jack told Maeve, snapping her out of her trance. "And I know how much you wanted to go, so..." He motioned to everything in front of them